FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Does the XB6 only have 2 ethernet ports?  Did you get the add-on hub?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@fd123  Yes, the XB6 has 2 Ethernet ports and you can use a LAN switch to add ports.

Also, for anybody considering getting the XB6 gateway, keep in mind that it was designed by Comcast to be the hub for their Connected Home product offerings (Internet, TV, Home Phone, Home Security, Xfinity Public WiFi Hotspot, etc.) , so this thing (both the Arris and Technicolor variants) has its quirks and is missing a bunch of features that you may take for granted.  (No Guest WiFi network, can't set alternate DNS servers, weird issues with port forwarding, WiFi that cannot be completely disabled, and a "bridge mode" that does not actually disable all of the device's internal services.  Furthermore, if you use the mobile app to manage the the device, you will find that you lose access to some settings in the local web admin UI.)

That said, this is not really the place to ask technical questions about the XB6.  A better place would be to post to either the Standalone Internet With The XB6 Modem or the XB6 Modem Settings/Requests/Firmware Discussion threads.

Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

What’s going on with the firmwares is there one coming out soon
Highlighted
Product Manager
Product Manager

We have new firmware in certification, for our AC line of modems.

This build brings a few fixes to the GUI functionality and updates to the backend communitcation and telemetry.

Ver. 4.5.8.43

GUI Fixes

• Unable to change the DMZ IP address
  • Enable band steering toggle in GUI by default
  • Error message when setting up DHCP Reservation
  • Idle Time cannot be changed

For you Coda users, we are expecting a 7.1 test build later this month with a slew of fixes.

More to come on that.

RogersIan

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Noticed I was upgraded to 4.5.8.43 this week and than downgraded to 4.5.8.40T2.  Reason for this?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

My guess would be that some undiscovered issues came up after that version was loaded on customer modems, but that's just a guess at this point. 

Highlighted
Product Manager
Product Manager

Apologies, there was an issue with our firmware upgrade server ignoring our modem exclusion lists.  All participants modems are listed here.

This meant modems which should have been excluded from our nightly firmware catch were not.

We have fixed the issue and will get modems which were downgraded back on to our beta firmware 4.5.8.43 asap.

RogersIan

Highlighted
Product Manager
Product Manager

Looking to get some feedback from any CGN3AC users out there.

Please share your experience since last Tuesday when 4.5.8.43 was rolled out.

Thanks,

RogersIan