FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

What kind of ordeal is it to switch from digital to ignite? Is it as simple as picking up new equipment from the Roger's store?
With all of the internet outages and slowdowns I can only assume Roger's is working on something within their network, possibly docsis 3.1 upstream.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@soundwave80 nope, this is a custom install.  You can't just walk into a Rogers store and pickup the equipment.  Too bad as those individuals with a technical background and stable internet service could most likely install the Ignite equipment without any problems, and possibly do a better job at it.  

If you're having issues with your current service, switching to Ignite won't do you any favours.  If anything it will just make the situation worse than it already is.  You really need to pester tech support to see that the problems are resolved.  Put them on speed dial and don't hesitate to use it, multiple times per day if necessary.  

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersIan it's been a long time since we heard anything in this thread.  any updates to share? OFDMA coming soon?

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I don't think there's an ETA for OFDMA, we can forget it for this year and maybe we have a chance for Late 2020.