FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

How's the progress with the .37T2 firmware going?

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersIan3 weeks ago you mentioned a firmware build following failed 37T2 that was being tested.  Is there any status update on that build and eta on it or next build being deployed to the trial users?

I Plan to Stick Around

I don't know if this is 36T6 but the last week I've lost sync 4 times and speeds have been all over map.

After a modem reboot speeds are better then back to being up and down.   Access to 192.168.100.1 eventually disappears so I can't even reboot the modem remotely.  Running bridged.

I Plan to Stick Around

The exact same thing is happening to me. Midtown Toronto.
I Plan to Stick Around

Just lost sync now.  Ottawa, Barrhaven.  Been a few minutes and hasn't come back.  I'm remote so I can't physically unplug the modem.  I guess now I need a cheap but reliable backup isp and a smart outlet so i can hard boot the rogers modem.  Yea that's gigabit service...

I Plan to Stick Around

Are you using bridge mode? I currently have over 100 days up time running in gateway mode. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Bridged since I started the service almost a year ago. 

There was a period where it was pretty stable.  I think before I asked to be part of the trials about 4-5 months ago Smiley Happy

It came back after a few minutes then choppy, then dropped again.

I'll try gateway mode when I get home tonight though I have zero need for the wireless and gateway functionality on this modem.

I Plan to Stick Around

Yea it seems to be a consistent complaint in bridge mode for some reason. It may not be your modem though it could be the local node having problems. The only time my internet goes down is when we get firmware updates..so not too often Smiley Wink

I Plan to Stick Around

Gateway mode didn't help anything.  Did a factory reset as well.

Saturday night was especially bad.  Stupid high latency and sub 100Mb speeds.

Several "No Ranging Response" in modem logs.  I'd check the logs now but the web interface is down again.

Why does the modem web interface keep dying?  Why does latency and speeds eventually go bad requiring a reboot.

I haven't seen anything like this since I started with gigabit service last year.

I had a 99.245.x.x address forever and it recently went to 174.113.x.x.  I seem to have more issues ever since it changed.  Probably coincidence.

If it's the firmware I will gladly drop to something more stable.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Since Dave left it really turned into a Ghost town over here, would be nice to have some answers on the new beta firmware , to see if it's getting close to beta testing.