FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Regular

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

It’s time to move on from Rogers it’s been nothing but issues all they do is come up with these modems and force us to upgrade and then come on here and complain and test beta firmwares that don’t work it’s been like this for 3-4 years ... it’s time to move to other providers there are other smaller providers that allow us to use Stand alone modems that work with no puma 6/ 7 issues .. end of the year I’m canceling all my Rogers account ..

I Plan to Stick Around

Hello,

I upgraded my internet plan from 60 to 500.  Which speedtest is most accurate?, the web based ones or I have a program installed on Windows.  I'm asking cause the web based are giving readings in the 300s while the windows version I get 500+.   Thank you.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Datalink

I heard that Rogers started to roll FTTC in some areas, can we guess that we're getting closer to a FTTH rollout in a couple years perhaps?

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@JohnBeaudin

Well if Rogers wanted to roll out FTTH a couple years after they implemented FTTC, it wouldn't make sense; they would have just opted to do FTTH now, instead of FTTC.

With their FTTC approach, they are future-proofing their network for Full Duplex (FDX) DOCSIS. The standard specifies a maximum of 10Gbps symmetrical, and those kind of speeds are not possible with existing infrastructure. FDX  DOCSIS needs higher modulation orders in order to reach speeds of 10Gbps, which also requires the need for higher signal-to-noise ratios (SNR), and much less noise. All of that can be possible if Rogers pushes fiber closer to the home through their FTTC approach. This could also mean that Rogers could be looking to implement remote-phy. 

As to why Rogers is upgrading specific neighborhoods with FTTC could be due the high bandwidth needs of neighborhood. Neighborhoods that have been already physically node-splitted by building a second node in the neighborhood, and would need another node split due to congestion, would be the first to receive this treatment.  This is what Rogers is referring to when they meant to push fibre deeper on a "case by case scenario" in their investor releases. 

I Plan to Stick Around

What @jszentir described sounds similar to what I just posted about as well.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/CODA-4582U-Loss-of-2-4-GHZ-Network/td-p/435858

I'll try switching mine back to mixed mode and see how that goes.

I Plan to Stick Around

I seem to be having an ongoing issue in bridge mode with the CODA 4582 2A, firmware 36T6.  Every couple of weeks my download speed will drop to 20 (on a gigabit plan) and the only thing that will fix it is to reset the modem to factory defaults.