FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

@lulwt@RogersIan this is the same problem that @Hucklebury is experiencing.  Modem in Gateway mode, full download rates, modem in Bridge mode with a router behind it, half speeds.  The router in question is an Asus RT-AC86U, same router that I have.  This is with the modem running DOCSIS 3.1.  If the modem runs DOCSIS 3.0 for any reason, then it runs at full rates, 900+ Mb/s on the download side.    

I'm not seeing this problem where I am (West Ottawa), but, I do see lower download rates from the www.speedtest.net Rogers Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal servers, anywhere from 600 to 700 Mb/s.  This has been going on for at least a month.  The Toronto Vmedia and Montreal Ebox servers show 930 Mb/s down, ~32/33 Mb/s up.  I'm running 36T6 at the present time.

Fwiw, watching the Ebox speedtests with Wireshark, you can see a switch(?) to Web Sockets occur at the beginning of the test, followed by switch back to HTTP/1.1.  The speedtest commences after the switch back to HTTP.  This runs at full rates.  The Rogers test runs HTTP/1.1 with no switch to Web Sockets.  This test runs slower than normal.  All of my tests are run with Firefox at the present time as Firefox currently produces the highest download rates on a speedtest.  

Mixed up in this is a switch to HTTPS by the speedtest servers.  Don't know how that currently affects the Rogers servers.  

Fwiw, looks like you have to keep an eye on the Rogers server results and test with other ISP servers, including Toronto Vmedia and Montreal Ebox. 

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm actually getting full speed on rogers' server on speedtest.net, but only there.

Any other server, dslreports and even rogers own speed test are half speed with the router, if I connect the bridged modem to the pc directly I get full speed everywhere.

Product Manager
Product Manager

Tonight we plan to push 4.5.8.39T6 to our AC device community members.

This build includes:

• Wi-Fi driver update (5GHz SSID is intermittently not broadcast after reboot) - Carried over from 39T2
  • Fix: Modem randomly rebooting
  • Fix: Ongoing stability improvement
  • Fix: Upgrade issues found on 39T5

RogersIan

I'm a Regular

Hello. I have Adv Wi-Fi Mdm on Ignite 250U.
Hardware Version 1A
Software Version 4.5.8.38T5
Got it a couple months ago, 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ worked fine until I changed the 2.4 band to N only. All my N devices could not connect to the 2.4 band after a couple of days. Cellphones, TV, laptops, PC's... none would connect, not even after rebooting or trying to manually connect them.  The 5GHZ band continued to work nice and smooth.  Only the 2.4 band was affected given that the change in setting is localized to 2.4 only.  Rebooting the router or changing any 2.4 setting fixed it for a a day or two. Problem came back and continued to recur almost daily until some form of reset or reboot is performed. I've proved it by going back to default mixed mode g/n for two weeks without any problems. Changed back to N earlier this week and now the problem is back. Switching back to mixed mode g/n to make this problem go away. This has to be a bug with the firmware, possibly in combination with my hardware version. Level II does not want to listen. Good luck with this problem.

I Plan to Stick Around

CODA-4582U 2A on 36T6 in bridge mode, resets at least once a week.

I Plan to Stick Around

My up time is 14 days and i'm in bridge mode so I do not see this.

on Hardware 1A

I Plan to Stick Around

@Makaveli99 wrote:

My up time is 14 days and i'm in bridge mode so I do not see this.

on Hardware 1A

36T6 firmware?

I Plan to Stick Around

Good uptime in gateway mode for me

LAN Up Time028 days 15h:05m:54s

7816751362.png

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes on 36T6

I Plan to Stick Around

@mcsandy wrote:

Good uptime in gateway mode for me

LAN Up Time028 days 15h:05m:54s

7816751362.png

Speed in Bridged mode still sucks. On 36T6 for 29 days.....average speed around 400 Down and far from 1GB. Have not reached near 1000 since April. Problems either with local street Amps or Rogers servers.  As you can see from the graph over last 30 days.....it's pathetic. When you're paying for 1Gb speed....the average should be 1000 not 400 regardless whether you're Gateway or Bridge mode. And yes, in Gateway mode using direct connect...I am also getting same results. Rogers, please get your act together or lose more customers.     Smiley MadSmiley MadSpeed_Rogers.jpg