FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

This firmware is pretty bad.

Loses access to login to modem when bridged. Have to reboot.

Speeds are . ! I pay for 500u and can only get 200Mbps when connected with CAT6 directly to Port #1 on the modem. The speeds keep dropping as time progresses on how long the modem is up for then has to be rebooted!

Fix this once and for all please.

I Plan to Stick Around

Same. I'm barely getting 100mbps on my 1Gbps service. Must reboot the modem to restore performance.

I get that we are on a beta cycle, but is there a process to revert a roll out when its this negatively impacting? 

Also, I'd suggest that firmware roll outs on beta should happen on mondays. not on fridays.

I Plan to Stick Around

@cflat

If you do a hard reset of the modem it should roll you back to whatever the stable network wide version is.

I dont really see a problem with when rogers updates our firmware as you have agreed that at your connection may be interrupted at any time when you signed up.

For people doing business / work you really shouldn't be in the beta...

1. "We may interrupt your Rogers Internet service without notice or liability as necessary for any purpose, including but not limited to installing, maintaining, inspecting, testing, repairing,  replacing or removing some or all of the firmware or the Rogers modem."
I Plan to Stick Around

@mcsandy I think you misunderstood me. There is still an expectation with a beta program that services aren't interrupted for long periods of time. Hence, I was suggesting firmware updates on mondays. if remediation is required, there is Roger's staff able to conduct this work during the following days. In contrast, if the firmware is rolled out on a friday and this has massive negative performance, we beta testers are out of luck until the next week. The implied expectation of the beta has 'some disruption' but not 'total disruption'. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@cflat

Yes sorry, that line wasn't really pointed at you. There have been others saying its impacting their work/jobs earlier in the thread.

So yes you can rollback at any time via hard reset.

I Plan to Stick Around

Other than the inability to access the modem's control panel when bridged, the firmware seems to be working pretty good otherwise. I'm also on the 500u plan (my speedtest is below). Pretty fast considering my modem is missing 9 downsteam channels and I have an RCS Partial Service warning in the log file. LoL.

2018-05-04_215348.png

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm on the CODA firmware 2.0.10.34T6

using it as a gateway, wifi, etc.

most things were working fine until yesterday, then started having some issues with the modem.

1) dhcp server died, client devices only had ipv6 addresses.  had to figure out how to go to an ipv6 address in a browser.  internet access was still working fine, as long as you visited sites that had ipv6 support.  reboot fixed.

2) some devices in the connected devices section were showing up as unknown that previously had names.  after rebooting this was fixed.

3) switch control, the 2 ethernet ports i have plugged in showed as unlinked.  i unplugged and connected them again, no change.  link lights were on, and traffic was going through.  reboot fixed it.

the device usually runs cool, but when i inspected it, the top seems much hotter than usual.  maybe some service was pinning the cpus?

I've had this happen a couple of times now, considering switching it to bridged mode.

strangely I've had the modem on this firmware for a couple of weeks i think without too many issues before now.

I Plan to Stick Around

Confirmed NOT happy with 2.0.10.34T6.

Performance degradation to ~90 megabits down (on 1 gigabit connection) + can't login in bridge mode.

Reboot fixes it...until the next reboot is needed.

Thanks.

I Plan to Stick Around

I’m not having any issues with speed but now I can no longer access my modem on bridge mode. Not happy with the firmware anymore
I Plan to Stick Around

With this firmware it tends to happen after 48 hours. It’s accessible after a reboot.