FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

@JohnBeaudin wrote:

@lethalsniper @mozerd

Funny thing, I played lots of online games( including lag senstive games such as CSGO) and my ping is fine on T03

@JohnBeaudin

So I went back to .33T3 and found that my Latency was worse than .33T03 ..... so I have asked @RogersBob to put me back on .33T03 ..... sure hope that "they" sort this out soon .... the CODA beta has been running a very long time now much longer than I thought it would ever be. Smiley Sad

David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call
I'm Here A Lot

CODA MODEM.. Having Problem accessing my network.

Hello Everyone,

First thing first, when the white hitron modem was introduced I was among the first one to exchange it and I remember the CODA modem had issues accessing the SMB network and I think it was due to IPV6 disabled option .

So I joined the firmware trial option and got everything running very quickly as the new trial was quickly updated.

Well its been almost a year and a half ... everything's been working fine but in the last few weeks I updated my windows 10, my android tv , my apps and now I can't access my shared drives again.

neither can I access the windows on the android tv and vice versa...

after working on windows setting I did manage to make it work but only some folders were accessible and today everything stopped working again...

i'm going to reset my windows 10 tonight and hopefully everything will be working again. 

But what I want to know is am I still on the trial firmware or the official firmware.. because it looks like i'm on trial but it never uploaded anything new from few months.. my modem shows i'm on 2.0.10.28T2

if the modem's firmware hasn't been upgraded then this is definitely the windows issue. but if its a known issue again is there's an option to revert to original firmware

I Plan to Stick Around

finally got around to testing the firmware out, getting a lot better performance on the 5G then i did previous, on the stable release i was getting around 300 mpbs max now getting over 600 mpbs with my cell phone about 30 feet away with a wall in between also getting great max speeds of around 924 pretty consistent 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@colton30 924 Mb/s via wifi or wired?  Just want to be sure, but I'm assuming wired at this point. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@DjSingh after the Windows 10 update, did you remap the shared drives, or, confirm that after the update, that the shared drive locations were the same as prior to the update.  Even if they were, I'd be tempted to remap the drives.  I don't have much faith in Microsoft managing to retain all of the previous settings, including mapped drive locations and come out of the update with everything working as it should.  Sounds simple in theory, but ......

I'm Here A Lot

Hi @Datalink,
yeah apparently the new update disable the smb1 protocol and enable the new ones and the software i'm using is still on the smb1 protocol that's why I couldn't see my share folders.

now it works but I still don't see my pc in a homegroup but if I go manually and enter the ip address I can acess my files which is alright and which definitely won't be a router problem.

But like I said in my previous post... it seems like i'm not on a recent firmware do you think I should get it updated or stay on the current firmware.

I Plan to Stick Around

yes wired
I Plan to Stick Around

@Datalink wrote:

@DjSingh after the Windows 10 update, did you remap the shared drives, or, confirm that after the update, that the shared drive locations were the same as prior to the update.  Even if they were, I'd be tempted to remap the drives.  I don't have much faith in Microsoft managing to retain all of the previous settings, including mapped drive locations and come out of the update with everything working as it should.  Sounds simple in theory, but ......

On Windows 10, check your network profile and turn on network discovery for "private" connection.  You wouldn't want that on for "public".

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@DjSingh here's a microsoft reference page that I came across this evening regarding SMBv1 on Windows 10:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4034314/smbv1-is-not-installed-windows-10-and-windows-serve...

Personal opinion, I would try to sort out the Samba issues with .28 loaded first, and then move up to .33T3.  If you manage to sort out all of the issues first, then moving up to .33T3 should be ok, unless there's changes in .33T3 that I'm not aware of that would affect Samba usage. 

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hello @Datalink and others

I am hoping someone can help me with this observation.  I was running some port scans and notice that the following ports are not filtered/stealth:

22 CLOSED ssh
23 CLOSED telnet
80 CLOSED http
135 CLOSED DCE Endpoint Resolution
443 CLOSED https
445 CLOSED Microsoft Directory Service
1723 CLOSED pptp

Is there a way to filter these requests so that the ports behave the way the others do?

Thanks