FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Network Architect
Network Architect

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

"AC" series modem do not have update on boot enabled so factory reset is not an issue on these.

Dave

Highlighted
I'm a Regular

@RogersDave I'm going to switch back to the cgnm 3552 modem because for some reason I'm getting higher pings on the coda modem , when I go back to the cgnm 3552 can I get this new firmware ?
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@lethalsniper
As long as you send him the PM with all of your modem's information (MAC Address) he will be able to upgrade the firmware.

I wouldn't switch back to the 3552 given that your area will have it's upload capacity increased. Once they service your area, you will be able to notice difference the CODA-4582 makes with ping and bufferbloat. As @RogersDave already mentioned, there will be no more improvements for the 3552 like the one we have seen in the 2.0.10.27 firmware for the CODA-4582; the ARM processor cannot handle it.

The CODA-4582 is as good as it gets for now in terms of gaming and hopefully you should be able to experience it soon once they service your area.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey @RogersDave I am going to guess that any of the MOCA options will only ever be available if you are using the CODA as your router and not a 3rd party device?

This routing would be interesting to make work but just wondering if it is going to be a plan to allow this functionality across all configurations.
Highlighted
I'm a Regular

When is the upload increasing? And how is it going to help then because it's odd the cgnm3552 performance better then the coda when it comes to ping. I'm on ignite 250 what's the upload going up to why don't I see it on rogers website
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

@RogersDave wrote:

@st_brown, in order to receive this firmware, you must first register to the firmware trial program. You can do so by sending a private message to @CommunityHelps including your modem MAC address and serial number (can both be found on a label on your modem).

Once you are registered, I will be happy to push the latest firmware to your modem.

Dave

Hi Dave

I registered with firmware program, if you still need testers feel free to push it to my modem

Steve

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@lethalsniper wrote:
When is the upload increasing? And how is it going to help then because it's odd the cgnm3552 performance better then the coda when it comes to ping. I'm on ignite 250 what's the upload going up to why don't I see it on rogers website

250u upload is 20mb/s

250u doesn't show up anymore because its a grandfathered plan now, it has been replaced by 500u.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Let's hope the Wifi connection problem will be resolved this time with the firmware 4.5.8.31. I'd be willing to test this one also.

Highlighted
I'm a Regular

You said the upload will increase in my area but I don't see any upload increase it's still 20upload I'm already getting that on ignite 250 .how come the removed ignite 250 but still have ignite 150
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@lethalsniper I never mentioned anything about increasing upload speeds. You misread my statement above. I said that they will be increasing your node upload capacity, not upload speed. Take a look at what I said above and read it carefully...

We already know your node is congested, this is why you are getting high ping and jitter. This is primarily caused by high uplink usage. There's nothing else you can do- just wait untill they come in August to do the work they have mentioned.....