FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Here:

Capture.GIF

I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah, there's certainly some loss in speed with this new firmware. Upload is definitely down in my case. Bufferbloat wise, the old CGN3AMR had less bufferbloat on the latest firmware.  When it comes to games though, I get way better latencies with this modem than my older CGN3AMR and I haven't had any disconnects since I got it yersterday. 

I'm Here A Lot

Hi,

I got a new Hitron router recently and I'm having issues with Chromecast again. Do I need a new firmware? My router model is CODA-4582 and I believe the firmware version is 2.0.10.22. Thanks

I Plan to Stick Around

@Bruno1  Give it a try. The latest firmware for the coda modem seems to have solved many issues for many people. In my case, My ping times have slightly improved form .26T2, and connection persistency has also improved compared to the old firmware.  

I've Been Around

I have software version 2.0.10.27 on my CODA-4582. When I attempted to connect to the guest wifi from my iPhone 6s, I initially rec'd the message "Only allow DHCP client to use this wireless" (after entering the password and clicking on the Access Internet button). I tried two more times and finally rec'd the "Success" message.

I tried to replicate this behaviour by forgetting the network and re-connecting but no joy. It seems to work smoothly now.

I Plan to Stick Around

I did a reset and was back to .26, today I noticed .27 was pushed back to me but without the slower speeds that I encountered on .27 the first time.
I ran a speed test on dslreports and I am getting great speeds . For the first time I'm getting full 50 mbps upload and got A's for both quality and bufferbloat.
I Plan to Stick Around

@soundwave80 wrote:
I did a reset and was back to .26, today I noticed .27 was pushed back to me but without the slower speeds that I encountered on .27 the first time.
I ran a speed test on dslreports and I am getting great speeds . For the first time I'm getting full 50 mbps upload and got A's for both quality and bufferbloat.

That's interesting. Did you reset the modem through the web GUI? Are you in a DOCSIS 3.1 enabled area?  

I Plan to Stick Around

I did a hard reset with the button on the back of the modem, my area is docsis 3.1.
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDave I just factory reset my modem and I'm back to firmware 2.0.10.26T2.  Can you push 2.0.10.27 to my modem again?  

I Plan to Stick Around

@soundwave80 wrote:
I did a hard reset with the button on the back of the modem, my area is docsis 3.1.

Thanks for letting know about this. Can you post a snapshot of your bufferbloat test results?