FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retired Support
Retired Support

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

@lethalsniper wrote:
@RogersDave when will we receive the new firmware for all rest of cgn rocket modems it's been awhile​ ?

I don't have a date yet. We have tried 2 versions (.29 and .30) and although there is a significant improvement in latency, it causes issues with WiFi.

Hitron's engineers are currently sorting this one out.

Dave

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDave 

I havne't had any WIFI disconnects since I power cycled the modem the day after I recieved 4.5.8.30. This firmware does improve average latency, but it's still not good enough. I still get disconnects and latency spikes in Heroes of the Storm (ping time goes up to 2000ms and stays there for seconds). This happens less frequently compared to 4.5.8.27.  

Would you recommend upgrading to the new CODA modem? Also, how do I check if Docsis 3.1 is enabled in my area? 

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@OL1v3r

I would reccomend upgrading to the CODA modem. It's much better than the CGN modems in pretty much every aspect, and in your case you should be seeing a decrease in latency in Heroes of the Storm, and maybe we might see the ping spikes go away. With firmware .27 we should be seeing even more improvements.

What city/area do you live in? @RogersMoin can probably check for you 🙂

I Plan to Stick Around

Mississauga close to the Erindale park. 

I'm a Reliable Contributor

From what I remember, Mississauga was enabled for D3.1 back in February  so I'm almost certain that you should have D3.1 enabled in your area.

Retired Support
Retired Support

@RyzenFX wrote:

From what I remember, Mississauga was enabled for D3.1 back in February  so I'm almost certain that you should have D3.1 enabled in your area.

Since end of March, we have completed the deployment of DOCSIS 3.1 on the entire cable footprint (Ontario and Atlantic).

And as @RyzenFX mentioned, the CODA with firmware 2.0.10.27 (which will be released to trial participants Monday at the latest, possibly before), brings huge improvements in connection stability and latency.

Dave

I Plan to Stick Around

I recently got updated to 2.0.10.27 on my CODA 4582

Jitter and latency show significant improvement BUT my throughput consistency has suffered ... I'm on the 250/20 plan.

Speed test on firmware .27

David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call
I Plan to Stick Around

For this test 32ms latency is pretty high.

I generally see 5-8ms when I run that speed test.

250/20 on CGN3ACSMR

Rogers speed check 2.jpg

I've Been Around

Can I get on the new firmware? Thanks

I Plan to Stick Around

I got the Coda 4582 black dot model today. It came with firmware 2.0.10.26T2 out of the box. So far, this modem is rocking. Played 4 HotS matches back to back and not one single disconnect or ping spike so far. This is significantly better than my older CGN3AMR on the latest firmware. 

Latency wise, this modem does much better than my old  CGN3AMR. Ironically, bufferbloat on this modem is considerably worse than the old AMR. Also, speed tests report higher jitter numbers on this modem.

Capture.GIF