FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Network Architect
Network Architect

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Good morning Community,

I have received firmware 4.5.8.30 for the Hitron AC series modem. This firmware brings quite a few performance enhancements.

As usual, I have posted high-level release notes in the second post of this thread (here).

I will try to start the deployment today (20 users) and based on the feedback I will move on with the rest of the participants.

Dave

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDave wrote:

Good morning Community,

I have received firmware 4.5.8.30 for the Hitron AC series modem. This firmware brings quite a few performance enhancements.

As usual, I have posted high-level release notes in the second post of this thread (here).

I will try to start the deployment today (20 users) and based on the feedback I will move on with the rest of the participants.

Dave

As per usual if its for the CODA, @RogersDave count me in on the first round, I don't mind the growing pains if any. Smiley Happy

I Plan to Stick Around

Received the new firmware release 4.5.8.30 and as 4.5.8.29 i'm losing all Wifi connections. I tried  unplugging modem to reset it, but same thing happens.  Then I tried a hard reset then went through the setup for wifi, after completing it, I checked the modem for the wifi indicator to turn on but only the 2.4g came on for maybe 2 seconds and it never showed again after.  As for the ethernet connection all is working as it should only wifi  is not working.

Network Architect
Network Architect

@aube wrote:

Received the new firmware release 4.5.8.30 and as 4.5.8.29 i'm losing all Wifi connections. I tried  unplugging modem to reset it, but same thing happens.  Then I tried a hard reset then went through the setup for wifi, after completing it, I checked the modem for the wifi indicator to turn on but only the 2.4g came on for maybe 2 seconds and it never showed again after.  As for the ethernet connection all is working as it should only wifi  is not working.

From the status page of your modem, it shows that both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz WiFi are working.

If you still don't have WiFi, I will roll push back the few users upgraded to 4.5.8.30 and will send this back to Hitron.

Dave

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, both wifi 2.4g and 5.0g are On and In Service and I still can't get any wifi.

Network Architect
Network Architect

@aube wrote:

Yes, both wifi 2.4g and 5.0g are On and In Service and I still can't get any wifi.

No problem. I collected some logs and have an idea what is hapenning. I have sent the information to Hitron and I'm pushing 4.5.8.27 back to your modem. You should have it in about 20-30 minutes.

Dave

I'm a Regular

@RogersDave does this fix Fix: Uplink speed issue introduced in 4.5.8.27,
Improvement: ICMP Latency
Improvement: TCP Latency (Intel SDK 4.5.7.60) ?
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks, back to 4.5.8.27 and wifi back to nornal.

Network Architect
Network Architect

@lethalsniper wrote:
@RogersDave does this fix Fix: Uplink speed issue introduced in 4.5.8.27,
Improvement: ICMP Latency
Improvement: TCP Latency (Intel SDK 4.5.7.60) ?

I can't tell if it fixes everything as I haven't been able to run a full assessment yet. It does however make a major improvement for latency introduced by the modem itself. However, based on the feedback received, I have to hold off on this firmware a bit more as it seems to create WiFi issues still.

In your case however, the bulk of the issues are node related so no firmware or modem will address them until your node is reworked.

Dave

I'm a Regular

@RogersDave from what I know the node issue was fixed almost 2 weeks ago that's what they are telling me, is there anyway you can send me a private message regarding my node so I can forward it to them because I'm still in contact with the ombudsman of rogers.