FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lethalsniper
I'm an Enthusiast

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Thanks for the reply .. I still don’t get how the Cgn3acsmr is getting better pings and less jitter then the coda modem basically when the coda get a 6 jitter the Cgn3acsmr gets 3jitter if we are still located at the same building and as for the cables from what I know they have replaced all cables a year ago in Basment but not in the units.
Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The OFDM channel subcarriers are greatly reduced in signal levels compared to the QAM channels.  So, if there is a problem with broadband noise in the buildings cable system across the OFDM band, or significant noise in certain OFDM frequencies, you would probably end up with greater data losses and a need to retransmit data that was lost.  That would lead to greater jitter numbers as the ping times would or could be longer depending on what protocol was used, we're talking about ping to ping times which is used in the jitter calculation.  

OFDM is very robust in comparison to the QAM channels due to additional error correction, but, I don't think its indestructible.  Taking OFDM out of the lab and into the real world probably has its challenges, the greatest probably being system noise.  

lethalsniper
I'm an Enthusiast

When I spoke to the building management this is what they told me and what Rogers replied back to our management I guess they asked Rogers about FTTH ...The Fiber-to-the-Home is an upgrade for single family homes and is currently not available for Multi-Dwelling Unit buildings (MDU’s). For MDU’s, Rogers is pulling fiber into the building – but only as far as the electrical/telecom room. I would suggest your tenant call into Rogers as they may have a better explanation/more customer friendly answer than mine.”.
v00d00
I've Been Around

Should CODA Release 7.1.1.35 (January 5, 2020) be dated 2021?

I am currently 7.1.1.33. Should it automatically update?

DragonSpyre
I'm Here A Lot

I noticed this morning that upstream is no longer connecting to OFDM/OFDMA and it is showing as disabled again in the OFDM/OFDMA Overview on both channel index.  Front modem indicator lights also are light blue on download and dark blue on upload.

ablatt
I Plan to Stick Around

Same here.  OFDM/OFDMA upload disabled - I'm on .35 firmware.

@RogersIan

Is this normal?  Should I go back to .33 production firmware, or is .35 now production?

RogersIan
Product Manager
Product Manager

@ablatt @DragonSpyre OFDMA has been disabled on some devices in some areas, including yours while we are investigating a potential issue.

This is independent to which version of firmware you are on.

RogersIan

user12343543
I Plan to Stick Around

My modem think's we're in the year 2032, is that normal?

eyeeifmx
I Plan to Stick Around

I was surprised to see that the upload link light on my CODA-4582 modem is now light blue instead of dark blue, and I logged into the modem to see that indeed OFDM/OFDMA is enabled again.

I was enjoying very stable internet in the last few weeks when it was disabled, and no issues with Teams video calls. 

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@eyeeifmx if you find that the modem is not stable, as in you have uplink problems, call tech support and have the tech disable the OFDMA channel (upstream).  

Its possible that Rogers techs have been busy in your area working to resolve issues that caused the earlier uplink issues, but, since there has not been any info released by any Rogers staff member, no one outside of Rogers knows what the issues are.  

So, without any further info available, the simple response to ongoing problems is to simply disable the OFDMA channel.