FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Got the new version!

2020-05-30_17-25-59.png

Microsoft® MVP Windows Insider - Windows Security
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Triple_Helix wrote:

Got the new version!

2020-05-30_17-25-59.png

Well so far with this new Firrmware I have to reboot the modem everyday because I can't connect to the internet and I'm connected via Ethernet. 😡 I wish I could go back to 2.0.10.36T6

Microsoft® MVP Windows Insider - Windows Security
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Initial review, I still had wireless dropout issues on the 2.4Ghz band with my WiFi plugs(the relay would toggle off/on). Also, I was having LAN port (modem gig port) dropouts due to the upgrade.

I subsequently did a pin reset and now both issues seem to be gone.  I am leaving my plugs with the relay on to notice any recurrence.

As for the features, still no IPV6 DNS forwarding and no support for no-ip.com as a dynamic DNS provider.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I have the 7.1.1.32 fw on bridge mode and so far it's stable with no issues with speed and no intermittency. There is however still issues with the login page and responsiveness of the UI that both appeared a day after the firmware was pushed:

• Sometimes the login page cannot be reached and the browsers says that "This site cannot be reached" and "192.168.100.1 took to long to respond".
  • During the times I was able to login to the UI, if I were to click on DOCSIS Event or DOCSIS WAN, it would take a very long time to load information underneath those tabs because the UI is very unresponsive. Note that this issue doesn't only apply towards this specific situation, the problem also occurs throughout the whole UI.

Basically the main problems here are that the login page cannot be reached, and that the UI is very unresponsive.

Now, I am not sure if anyone on the firmware is seeing the same issues under gateway mode but if you do please post them below.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I confirm your findings and experience the same on a bridged device. Speed and function seem great, login/admin unresponsive to broken.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Can anyone send me the firmware file? 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I received the new firmware.  On Hardware Version 1A

Running in bridge mode.  Speeds are inconsistent.  I can get my rated speeds on 1000U.  But, there are many times it drops to 250 mbps which I assume is because of increase in traffic due to Covid.  Then again, this was also happening prior to Covid.

6/2/2020 11:45 am - Scarborough

944 mbps down

32.9 mbps up

Latency 6ms, jitter 2ms

No issue accessing UI.  Only thing I have noticed is I'm missing "LAN up time" field.

Highlighted
Product Manager
Product Manager

@RyzenFX @fd123  
How often does the GUI fail and how do you regain access?

@Windwalker 

The LAN uptime as well as send and receive fields missing in the bridged GUI had previsouly been escalated to Hitron and a fix is expected in our next build.

Thanks,
RogersIan

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

The GUI is fine after power cycling the modem. Then at some point after it disappears/fails to work, and so far hasn't come back.  I haven't power cycled it again. The previous version login would appear sometimes (after the fails) but getting past the login entry never happened. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Running the 4582 in bridge mode with .32 firmware.

With both .30 and .32 firmware, the Event Log displays as blank after a few days. Rebooting brings the items back.

Today the modem spontaneously rebooted at 4:00 a.m. Not sure what that was about.

Upon reboot IPv6 functionality was gone. Upon a subsequent reboot IPv6 was still gone. Upon a power cycle, IPv6 was back.  This loss of  IPv6 happened with .30 firmware as well.