FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

@JohnBeaudin  When you say "everyone" can get it.....and no bundle needed...Everyone with a Coda Gigabit modem can exchange to an XB6 without having to switch to IPTV? I have a CODA Gigabit and Digital TV.....and would love to exchange to an XB6.....but DON'T want to switch to IPTV. Can we have confirmation from Rogers. This would mean a customer install.......previously an XB6 had to be a service install with IPTV  only.   

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I don't think people should expect miracles from these XB6 modems. 

Perhaps it can help gamers since it doesn't have the Puma chipset, and perhaps it has somewhat better WIFI or routing, but if you have a poor cable connection it won't help.

A lot of people have signal issues, upstream issues and noise issues and they will remain whether on the CODA or XB6.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

@ablatt

I can't speak for everyone.. but I had a lot of struggle with the CODA ( I was on mu 4th Coda modem btw).

I had to reboot the CODA 2-3 times a day lot of struggle with latency online and also issues streaming.

The XB6 is day and night , its miles ahead I had to tell you the difference is phenomenal for me.

No need to reset the modem ever, latency in online gaming consistent. At the end of the day its your decision guys, I love my XB6.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Can this modem be Bridged?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I've been losing IPv6 intermittently on the CODA-4582.  7.1.1.30 firmware running in bridge mode with an Asus RT-AC86U router. 

This never used to happen and I've been on .30 for a while, and have been running the same firmware on the 86U for a while (81351).

You can tell when it happens because Speedtest download speeds spike up from 932 on IPv6 to 945 on IPv4.

A reboot of the modem fixes it.  Until it hopefully doesn't happen again.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I don't know if this is a fluke or the new 7.1.1.30 firmware that I've been on for a few weeks now but I've noticed responsiveness and overall speeds generally better while connected to remote machines at work using an IPSEC VPN.

I posted this way back when I first got the gigabit service https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/horrible-speeds-over-VPN/td-p/422421 to find out what was going on with VPN traffic.

Download speeds are now around 4-6 MBps which is more in line with what the work VPN will deliver.

Hopefully this is the new normal with this firmware.  Very timely considering the COVID work from home situation.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersIan 

Were any wireless configurations with firmware 7.1.1.30 rolled back in the recent days?  I have noticed that UNI-1 on 5Ghz band has reverted to work similar to production firmware 2.0.10.36T6 and my smart plug devices are not toggling off/on the 2.4Ghz band anymore.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Anyone have trouble logging into the CODA on 192.168.100.1, when in gateway mode?  It may work for a short time after rebooting the CODA, but at some point won't work anymore.  This is since the 7.1.1.30 firmware.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@fd123 I've seen this at least once since the update.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@fd123 I'm running my 4582 in Bridge mode with 7.1.1.30 loaded.  I've noticed recently that its just about impossible to log into the modem as its so slow.  Navigating around the top level menu is also painfully slow.  A modem reboot didn't seem to do anything useful.  Next step for test purposes is to run a factory reset to see if that changes anything.  Don't know when I'll be able to do that with everyone working from home these days.