FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

@RogersIan 

Is OFDMA delayed further to Q3,Q4 this year?

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm thinking more along the lines of Q2 in 2025
I Plan to Stick Around

It should be up at least by the time Elon's space internet constellation of 12000 satellites are up and running, come on have some faith. 

@RogersIan I had to reset my modem recently due to 2000 ms spikes in an online game that disappeared after doing a reboot. Not sure what would cause that issue. I was able to see the spikes with the diagnostic tool in game and it was not related to server location.

I Plan to Stick Around

Sadly, I’m moving tomorrow to a new apartment that has Fiber optics from bell. I’ll have to leave the test and Rogers behind.
I Plan to Stick Around

I've been having issues lately too, my signal levels have dropped a bit. Bell looks more appealing everyday.

I would switch to Bell also if they ever switch my area higher then 50!   As for this beta program, is it worth to stay on it?  The excuse at December was the holidays, now it's been over 7 months without a update!!

I Plan to Stick Around

Seems like the implementation of the 3.1 upstream is more complicated than Rogers must have initially thought. You can see why Ian doesn't want to give dates cause it just creates angry users when they are passed. It would be nice to at least give us some in-depth info of whats happening a little more often though.

I've Been Here Awhile

I would guess either software problems, stability problems in copper or optical beat interference problems in RFoG.

At this point we know it's likely that they are struggling with the OFDMA deployment, however being silent about it only adds frustration, I would rather have negative updates than just dead air and no communications. 

I Plan to Stick Around

My modem rebooted last night and now shows 4 upstream channels. I assume thats some sort of local node upgrade?