yeah, I think you're right. after a few more tests with that puma6 test, i got it to report what looks like a bad result depending on which server you're using, or which web browser. or wireless vs wired. it's not consistent.
any software you recommend for stress testing a connection in a similar way? I see pingplotter seems to get used a lot, but not sure if there's something else out there that's free. there's pathping that comes with windows.
there's various speedtest pages out there, which seem to report the connection as fine. but I've had a roku TV lose connection to youtube or netflix randomly. at this point it might just be the devices fault, but I'll have to test more.
anecdotally, the new 184.108.40.206T2 firmware seems better so far. it's in gateway mode for now. but i also have it on a plug timer, so it powers off for half an hour every night. maybe I'll try taking that off to give the CODA an endurance test for a week or so, see if it holds up.
@Square yes we ran into a bug in production that has forced us to look at a new build.
Sorry I realize we're all anxious for an update - as soon as we have a viable release candidate we'll push it to the community.
Is there an ETA on any firmware updates that solve TCP related latency issues on the CGNM-3552?
In addition, do you know of any Twitch.tv related issues on the Rogers network? I am able to stream 6k bitrate on Facebook and YouTube flawlessly (next to 0 frames dropped) but with Twitch, I struggle to even keep a consistent 3k bitrate. I have ruled out any hardware-related factors causing this, and the OBS logs show that its purely a network problem.
still on 220.127.116.11T6
would like to get any new firmware always as soon as its available, I dont care about bugs or anything, I will let you know about them, just push the newst available to me always...
I admit it looks like recently there has been more information being posted here about the updates, but for the last few months there has been little to none and I had given up on coming on here and have been making my decsion to stay with Rogers instead of a switch to Bell for a number of reasons.
Guys the Home Hub 3000 sounds great, but Bell doesnt support Port Forwarding, the modem physically blocks it even if you use your own router, and also they dont have IPv6 on Fibe... so yea theres that.....
Anyways, Rogers reall needs to push out this new update to all the Beta Testers ASAP as we have all been waiting forever, and we shouldnt have to come online here and acctually tell them to add us to the new firmware list AGAIN, when we've already had to give them permission to be beta testers anyways, this is like, insult to injury, people who dont have the time or the effort to come online here anymore because of the lack of communication from Rogers and the fact the there are no true ROGERS employees on this forum, dont get the new firmware because they didnt msg @RogersSergio or some other person directly, AGAIN??
Not too even mention the staggarred deployment based on Network updates, ok, i understand the point, but like COME ON.... your really telling me the entire network need to be upgraded in order to use new firmware on the same devices?? And Rogers hasnt done this upgrade over the last year and a half of Beta testing with these modems and probably knowing the entire time that this "network upgrade" was going to need too happen anyways...
WOW... just more things to add the the CRTC letter Rogers, hope you have some good excuess for them....
how does Rogers plan to compete with Bell after next year tho?
Bells current plan is to release 2Gbps Up/Down, FTTH in 2019 just about everywhere in the GTA, and working their way up into Barrie and Orillia already with FTTH now.....
Rogers current plan, unless im mistaken, is to have the issues with 1Gbps FTTN-CTTH fixed, hopefully, by 2019.... But there is no plan, what so ever, to run FTTH or have stable, consistant speeds for everyone over 1Gbps...
Even without Port Forwarding and IPv6, which Im sure Bell will resolve atleast IPv6 by 2019, Rogers wont be able to compete and they are going to crumble like a house of cards in a breeze.....
Honestly, can anyone tell me what Rogers is thinking right now or what Im not seeing or not aware of that is going to make anyone stay with this service... even the new modems they are testing that use TV over WIFI like the Home hub 3000, are still Coax I believe, which will forever be limited around 1.2-2Gbps, I seriously doubt they can get faster even tho they say 10Gbps, but I seriously doubt that, on a consistantly stable network... I've talked to ALOT of people who say its not possible to push faster than that thru COAX across any distance, so only having FTTN, will leave the people furthest away from the Node getting only 1-2, even if paying for 10
So we are on the same page... my earlier post was not to let me know if you wanted to be added to the list but in case anyone had any concerns... situations do change and given how long it had been (as has been stated a number of times, by a number of people ;)) I wanted to give people an opportunity let me know if they prefer I hold off for any reason.
Instead responses started flowing in about wanting to be first on the list... which I must say I really love to see; don't ever stop!
I also want to say that I really appreciate your passionate posts. You want to push us to do better and provide you the level of service you and all our customers deserve; for that I thank you.
To your question about the entire network having to be upgraded before rolling out the code... you are right we don't need to roll out to the entire network... but we do need to make sure we don't knowingly (yes I know better than to make a statement without qualifying it) impact customers services.
This does mean a little bit of a delay, and for that I apologize; we have upgraded a few devices (with positive feedback) and we have been working on confirming the status of everyone's connections; including yours.
More upgrades on there way.
@RogersSergio I do understand your predicament, my question still comes down too, if Rogers has all of us willing to test the code, why arnt they pushing it to all of us and seeing what happens to the network when acctually put to full use by people like myself who can monitor this situation and if need be, come online within min to inform you guys, just like we've done in the past. I know from doing it myself that when there were issues with other firmwares and we were having constant reboot issues, most of us were online within min of the update that started it all, and then when they push day-time upgrades, which you've explained why, you know yourself that we come online almost within min of the push to complain about the timing, lol.
Point is, sooner or later, Rogers will need to push it to everyone, not just beta testers, so in my opinion they should be taking full advantage of their crowd-source info from us, and if need be, ask us for more details and more testing, I know with RogersDave I went as far as getting WireShark and PingPlotter to send him detailed reports of issues, but only because he asked me too... I even offered too have what ever additional monitoring software or even hardware that Rogers would like to attach to my modem, so that I can better assist and have better records of events and even triggers... but nothing ever comes of it....
As for my connection, I can tell you that just about daily now, twice already today alone, my DHCP goes crazy, and I loose all network connections on Wired, they get random IPs, and the Wifi, both 2.4 and 5G stop broadcasting and nothing happens.... the Docsis Event Log even shows MIMO Event and SW Download events today after reboot, as usual, but I still have 18.104.22.168T4... anyways, the only way to get any connection back has been for me to unplug and replug in the modem, the second time it happend today, after unplug and replug, it showed internet connection but when it began flashing the DHCP wire light, it just hung there, for 8min, never began bradcasting Wifi of any kind or gave out IPs to my deivces, and I had to unplug and replug again, and then it booted up fine...
I'm just so frusturated with this modem, and to get the new modem is ridiculously expensive service atm, AND will FORCE me to upgrade my grandfathered Cable package, which I refuse to do, as it is over 350 channels for less than $100 and now even the basic 150 channels offerd is that price, plus like $3 for EACH channel I want to add, its crazy and I want nothing to do with it, I refuse to be forced to change for any reason