Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersIan
Product Manager
Product Manager

Hello, 

Any feedback on 7.2.4.7.1b4 ?

Thanks,
Ian

@RogersIan only comment that I have is from the day that 7.2.4.7.1b4 was loaded.  That version loaded overnight and the next morning I found that there was no internet service despite the modem showing that it was in service.  A forced restart by pulling the power and plugging the modem back in brought the modem back into service.  Since I was expecting the new version, my automatic reaction was to restart the modem.  That doesn't make much sense as there's an automatic reboot after the version load, correct?

No problems seen with the modem running in Bridge mode since the version load.  Current uptime, as of midnight Wednesday 11 Jan:  019 days 23h:00m:42s

Total time so far in Bridge mode is approx 22 days. 

Nice to have access to the modem once again when its in Bridge mode 🙂

RogersIan
Product Manager
Product Manager

@Datalink Uptime looks great! 
I know many of the users here were missing GUI access while in bridge mode, happy we were able to get that fix put in.
The lack of service after the upgrade is concerning.
Did you try rebooting the device directly connected to the modem first? Guessing you have a router of your own in place. I don't mean to lay blame just curious on what steps were taken.

Thanks,
RogersIan

@RogersIan I didn't think to reboot the router first.  Knowing that a firmware update was in the works my first thought was to reboot/restart the modem, and after the restart, internet access was restored.  Does that rule out a router issue, probably, but, hey, there's always a chance that the router didn't like what the modem was doing at the time.  

In all the years I've been using a Hitron modem, this is the first time that there has been a failure to return to normal service after a firmware update.  

If I didn't know that a firmware update was in the works, my first thought would have been a neighbourhood node issue.  The neighbourhood node is very reliable in our particular neighbourhood but, the node does fail every once in a while.  Even then, its a rare occurrence for the node to go down for any reason. 

Current uptime in Bridge modem since the last restart:  LAN Up Time 021 days 17h:13m:12s  (as of 6 pm Fri 13 Jan 2023)

v00d00
I've been here awhile

Not sure when 7.2.4.1.4b15 was pushed to me but I can report that the stability of my 2.4 network is now much improved. When using 7.1.1.37 I was rebooting the router once or twice a week to recover the network.

asturias7
I plan to stick around

Will there soon be an update rolled out to everyone?

zardoz99
I plan to stick around

Many moons ago, I made a request for access via SNMP to the metrics from the Hitron CODA-4582.

I see that the SNMP(161) and SNMPTRAP(162) ports are enabled and active on the LAN side but I am unable to obtain a response using SNMPwalk.

Please could you let me know if SNMP is truly enabled and if so, what access mechanism should I be using to obtain the metrics. I have tried some of the more obvious Community strings but with no success.

I really would like to be able to get hold of the information available. Reading the documentation, I note that SNMP V1, V2, and V3 are all supported. As part of the trial group, I am already on the trial version 7.2.4.7.1b4.

@zardoz99 Sorry, we do not provide access to SNMP telemetry from the modem.