FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

@RogersSergio @Datalink

2.0.10.34T6 

Can confirm WIFI issues, 2.4G more offten than not stops working randomly, and I drop to my 5G.

Cannot connect to 2.4 network on any devices, but can see SSID broadcasting....

Need to login to CODA and either press the refresh button beside channel number or change channel from Auto to a number or from a number to another number, or just reboot enitre modem.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@WestPoint when you can log into the modem to change the wifi channel, do you still have internet access thru an ethernet connection?  Just wondering if that ethernet access is internal only, or if you can still cruise the web, game, etc, etc at that point in time? 

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hey Community,

Last update 2.0.10.35T1 (May 25, 2018) - Rolled Back 

Been a while.. I was wondering if it's possible to have updates.

-Are we going to test a new Beta Firmware soon?

-I know you guys working on DOCSIS 3.1 Upload , but is there update on it or ETA about when it's expected to be released ( 1 month? 3 month? next year?)

John,

@JohnBeaudin Seems like the whole industry is held back by DOCSIS 3.1 on the upload... Not sure why, but like to hear a clear-cut explanation about why it is being held back.

I was wondering... what is happening to the firmware for the CODA-4582? Things have been moving slowly lately, and I'd like to get back on track on regularly receiving & testing firmware builds for the CODA-4582.  Technically, the .35T1 firmware with the Intel SDK firmware that has the amazon fixes should've arrived last year, as Dave mentioned, but it seems that we're really behind on receiving new firmware with a new Intel SDK firmware. 

It would be nice if some engineers followed what Dave did and do a soft roll-out (i.e as soon as Rogers engineers receive the latest firmware from Hitron, they should push the firmware to a select few individuals on the forums and have them test the firmware while the team at Rogers completes their testing on the firmware as well). Not all bugs will be caught by employees. This solution helped tremendously last year while we were trying to nail out all the bugs (i.e high-bufferbloat, D3.1 downstream loss of lock). 

There's also a big firmware version in the works for the CODA-4582 which would have the correct signal stats for D3.1 downstream, and would enable newer features, but I'm not sure why we haven't been able to test it out yet. 

I Agree with you @RyzenFX

We made so much progress while @RogersDave was here, it was going so well that I actually had high hopes for Rogers, they were on the right path with the beta testing and Dave giving us updates, to the community was such a great idea.

Since he left , there is not much left of the forum.. the great community we had in the past is turning slowly to a Ghost Town. And on the other Bell is going full speed aggressively deploying Pure Fibre that can already go 1GB/1GB and the promises to go 5GB/5GB next year already.

I hope they have a very good reason to delay Upload DOCSIS 3.1 .. because at this pace it's really looking good for them. We been on the forum we trying to help but there is only so much we can do.

I Plan to Stick Around

@JohnBeaudin

Seeing more people now switching over to Bell due to lack of transparency on Rogers part. What it comes down to is even if Rogers is giving you a deal on their product really whats the point if you cant even stream content without it buffering constantly. The premium Bell charges is worth it due to the fact it actually works. When my contract renews I will be considering my options for sure. 

Well that's the point, a lot of people will be willing to pay more money to have a service that actually works.Rogers is very bad for online gaming and streaming, and that's going to be a big market in a near future. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Comcast is far bigger than Rogers and they are still on 3.0 upstream.

I think you will see Comcast pushing 3.1 upstream before rogers is so that maybe something to keep an eye on.

@Makaveli99

https://www.xfinity.com/learn/offers/details?offerId=9626100376

Seems like Comcast already offer 2GB Down and Up.

• Download and upload at 2 gigabits per second

Also I found this

http://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/t5/Equipment-Modems-Gateways/Arris-SB8200-Has-No-DOCSIS-3-1-U...

Look at Comcast_Jessie's reply.

This only means that DOCSIS 3.1 modems have the capability of handling faster speeds, if you are on our Starter package you would not need a DOCSIS 3.1 compatible modem. At this time DOCSIS 3.1 capabilities are reserved for our 500 Mbps and 1Gbps speed tiers. Additionally, your business location must be in range of a DOCSIS 3.1 enabled headend and have a DOCSIS 3.1 enabled modem (which you do have). If your business does meet all three of these qualifications you will be automatically on our DOCSIS 3.1 network for both upload and download. 

So it seems Comcast already offer it, since when? not sure.

I Plan to Stick Around

That 2GB up and down isn't DOCSIS but pure glass. Here's an interesting read of someone getting it set up! Although 2GB up and down means you need 10GbE connectivity.

https://medium.com/@Gtwy/comcasts-2000mbit-fiber-to-the-home-f106d64d5f51