FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ddd12345
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Help Please !!!

I am in the exact same boat. Experiencing 10/10. At first thought it was my router (Linksys MX5300) through bridge from from Coda 4582. Only started past 2 days which coincides with .37 release.

How do I get off .37 and back to previous stable firmware !!!

ddd12345
I Plan to Stick Around

Please add me as well to the list:

user: @ddd12345

Linksys MX5300

Latest Firmware: 1.1.9.200251

RyzenFX
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@RogersIan 

Initial performance on .37 was good, however I am now experiencing some speed tests being limited to 10mbps down/10mbps up through the two devices that are hardwired to my modem in bridge mode. I have two devices connected to the modem: my PC and router. Speed tests through both show the same limitation. Keep in mind that the speed tests does not always yield the 10/10 result because it reverts to the speeds I pay for after some time and reverts back to the limitation and goes back to the speeds I pay for and so on (main point: the issue is that it cycles between full speed I pay for and the 10/10 limitation very often). 

Side note: I noticed when the 10/10 limitation is effect I am unable to hear/transmit voice data when in a group call such as in Discord. Network stats return a ping of 5000 and 100% packet loss. Also note that a reboot does not fix the issue.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RyzenFX can you post the modem's Hardware Version as seen on the modem's STATUS page.  It will either be Hardware Version 1A or 2A I believe.  Can you also post the router model and its firmware version as well. 

@ddd12345 can you also post the modem's Hardware Version as well.

ddd12345
I Plan to Stick Around

Hardware Version1A
Software Version7.1.1.37
RogersIan
Product Manager
Product Manager

@ddd12345 @RyzenFX @zardoz99  Can you please let me know what colour the light is on the ethernet port on the back of the modem while you are experiencing the slow speeds vs when you are not.

We have escalated the issue to our vendor.

Really appreciate everyone's assistance in identifying and troubleshooting this issue.

RogersIan

RyzenFX

@Datalink Thanks for the reply. I'm on hardware version 2A. I'm running it in bridge mode w/ the Netgear Orbi RBR20 (firmware 2.6.2.104) connected directly to the modem. It is a tri-band mesh solution so it is paired with a satellite (the RBS20) via Wi-Fi and is also running the same firmware as the RBR20. 

@RogersIan Thanks for the reply, I will tag you in a future post with my observations when I catch the issue again.

RyzenFX

@RogersIan 

Issue happened again and I checked the ethernet lights behind the modem but they were still flashing amber so it is still negotiating at 1Gbps. I checked the ethernet properties in windows and it states link speed is 1Gbps down/1Gbps up.

ablatt
I Plan to Stick Around

Hardware Version2A
Software Version7.1.1.37

Coda 4582 in bridge mode behind an Asus RT-AC86U running 3.0.0.4.386 ASUS firmware.   After I got the .37 firmware I had some flaky speedtest results.  I did a factory reset on the modem and rebooted my router and I think I've been OK since.  Getting 940/32 on my Gigabit plan.  But I will keep an eye out.

toolcubed

Hi guys.  I think there's something wrong with the .37 firmware.  I received it too and my speeds, ping, and jitter are all over the place.  I have the 2A hardware revision of the CODA-4582.  It's bridged and I'm using my own Asus RT-AC68U router.  I rebooted the CODA after the firmware update.  At first, speeds and everything were fine.  But then my speeds tanked to about ~60Mbps down.  Upload seemed fine at 15Mbps (I'm on the 150/15 plan).  Pings are well over 50ms and jitter is in the 40-50ms range.  Rebooted the CODA again, which seemed to fix the issues temporarily.  Now the issues are back.  My signal levels and SNR haven't changed with the new firmware...everything looks perfect, even when I'm having the speed/ping/jitter problems.

I'll reboot the CODA again and continue to keep an eye on this, but it sure does feel like the firmware is problematic.

Thanks.