Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Alborze
I plan to stick around
Hey sure sorry I forgot I should have initially provided that!

I have the white Coda-4582U modem on the legacy Ignite Gigabit Package. Running just the modem regularly without bridge mode or anything. Nothing is on ethernet, everything is on WiFi both 2.4 and 5hz bands, band steering is off.

Hardware Version 2A
Software Version 7.1.1.37

Hardware Version 2A

Firmware Version 7.1.1.37

No problems noted with data rates, up or down.  

4582 running in Bridge mode with an Asus RT-AX86U behind it with Merlin's Asuswrt loaded.  

Note that I haven't run my usual round of ping tests looking for any latency issues.  On my to do list ......

fd123
I plan to stick around
Hardware Version1A
Software Version7.1.1.37

bridged

Netgear R7000 running XWRT-Vortex (ASUSWRT-MERLIN)

zardoz99
I plan to stick around

RT-AC86U - Current Version : 3.0.0.4.386_42643-g16dc577

I've been running this firmware for a while, since it was released. Router uptime is 14 days. 

roy86
I plan to stick around

CODA 4582 

Hardware Version 1A

Bridge Mode

Router - Asus AC68U

firmware -  3.0.0.4.386_41634

However, in my opinion it might not be a router issue. I had directly connected my laptop with a ethernet wire to the modem and it had the same result. Some software issue in the modem more likely.

zardoz99
I plan to stick around
I concur. The router does not cap up/down speeds in my current configuration. There is no QOS enabled.

If rebooting (not power-cycle) of the modem fixes it, the router is unlikely to be relevant.

zardoz99
I plan to stick around
1A vs 2A hardware?

RogersIan
Product Manager
Product Manager

Thanks for the router details everyone.

@zardoz99  Are you still experiencing slow speeds? If so can you reboot your router and see if speeds are restored even at least for a short time.

@roy86 How are speeds now? 

Thank you,
RogersIan

Hardware Version 2A

Firmware Version 7.1.1.37

Running in Bridge mode with an Asus RT-AX86U behind it with Merlin's Asuswrt loaded.  

Merlin's Asuswrt firmware version:  386.2_4 which is the latest release version for all Merlin supported routers

Speedtest result:  940-943 Mb/s down  32.8 Mb.s up

All currently supported Asus routers will/should be running a 386.x firmware version for stock or Merlin versions. 

@RogersIan are you able to do a data dump from the modem to look for a before and after difference in the config data, that is, when the modems are running at their assigned data rates, and then when the modems drop to 10 Mb/s.  I wonder if there are any differences in the config data although I wouldn't expect to see any.

roy86
I plan to stick around

@RogersIan reaching gigabit so far..  fingers crossed it stays that way!

blues_clues
I plan to stick around

Seems like U-NII-1 and U-NII-3 power levels on the 5Ghz band are back to normal. Also, toggling the channels on 5Ghz does not turn the radio off/on, anymore.  I will do some more testing for consistency.

zardoz99
I plan to stick around

@RogersIan - After the reboot this morning, it was fine. Just checked again now and back to 10/10 instead of 250/20

zardoz99
I plan to stick around

@RogersIan And after a reboot from the modem's admin page I am now back to 329/21.8

Triple_Helix
I plan to stick around

Speed at Prime Time. Gigabit Plan.

2021-05-13_18-54-49.png

roy86
I plan to stick around

@zardoz99 it will keep going back to 10/10.

Only way for me was to downgrade firmware to production version

zardoz99
I plan to stick around
I have a sneaking suspicion that the speed dropped back to 10/10 about halfway through the afternoon when I noticed that I had a short connection blip.
I'm going to experiment tomorrow and see if I can implement some form of automatic tracking.

ddd12345
I plan to stick around

Help Please !!!

I am in the exact same boat. Experiencing 10/10. At first thought it was my router (Linksys MX5300) through bridge from from Coda 4582. Only started past 2 days which coincides with .37 release.

How do I get off .37 and back to previous stable firmware !!!

ddd12345
I plan to stick around

Please add me as well to the list:

user: @ddd12345

Linksys MX5300

Latest Firmware: 1.1.9.200251

RyzenFX
I'm a reliable contributor

@RogersIan 

Initial performance on .37 was good, however I am now experiencing some speed tests being limited to 10mbps down/10mbps up through the two devices that are hardwired to my modem in bridge mode. I have two devices connected to the modem: my PC and router. Speed tests through both show the same limitation. Keep in mind that the speed tests does not always yield the 10/10 result because it reverts to the speeds I pay for after some time and reverts back to the limitation and goes back to the speeds I pay for and so on (main point: the issue is that it cycles between full speed I pay for and the 10/10 limitation very often). 

Side note: I noticed when the 10/10 limitation is effect I am unable to hear/transmit voice data when in a group call such as in Discord. Network stats return a ping of 5000 and 100% packet loss. Also note that a reboot does not fix the issue.

Let me know if you need any more information.

@RyzenFX can you post the modem's Hardware Version as seen on the modem's STATUS page.  It will either be Hardware Version 1A or 2A I believe.  Can you also post the router model and its firmware version as well. 

@ddd12345 can you also post the modem's Hardware Version as well.

ddd12345
I plan to stick around

Hardware Version1A
Software Version7.1.1.37