Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

stephenmwmok
I've been here awhile

Is there a way to downgrade to the production firmware instead of the trial? I've been experiencing these microdisconnects as well.  A reboot of the modem temporarily relieves the issue but its making WFH unbearable.

elmirix
I plan to stick around

I was told over the phone, rolling back to previous is not possible; however a new firmware will be available soon.

Which firmware do you have now ?

I had .33, having said that support ended up running some diagnostics and switching out my modem. I am now back on .32 since yesterday and have had no issues. fingers crossed!

MisterPinst
I plan to stick around

Were they able to take you off the beta list so that you won't be upgraded to .33 again?

That...is a good question. I do not know if they did

I thought.33 was already on production.. so 33 is a beta ?

blues_clues
I plan to stick around

7.1.1.33 is production on CODA Modem hardware versions 1A and 2A.

Yea so how did he get back to .32 ?

fd123
I plan to stick around

Modem probably shipped with it, it will be upgraded to current firmware, may have already happened.

MisterPinst
I plan to stick around

I'm on the .33 firmware (Hardware revision 2A) running in gateway mode with minimal changes from default. I'm getting random drops shown below around 2-3 times per day. I can see the connection dropping from two separate machines on my network with the exact same time/pattern as follows:

1) Machine 1 - Wired directly into the modem/router

2) Machine 2 - Wired into the modem/router via an intermediate switch;

Capture.JPG

How do I get this fixed? I cringe to think about calling Rogers support with this but I believe I have a smoking gun in terms of evidence that there's a problem with the modem/router or the upstream connection.

fd123
I plan to stick around

What are you using to measure this?  Curious to see.

MisterPinst
I plan to stick around

PingPlotter - fantastic tool to visualize these kinds of problems. It can also run as a service in windows so you can have it running in the background all the time and check it when you experience any issues.

MisterPinst
I plan to stick around

Well I had Rogers visit on Friday and they put some filters on my line to get the signal strength weakened a bit (apparently it was too strong). I also had the modem swapped out - it was on the .32 firmware and then a day later upgraded to .33.

All looked ok but as of yesterday I started seeing the 30 second to 1 min connection drops again...a couple of times a day but annoying for sure as it impacts VoIP calls for work and online gaming. I'm convinced that it's either the firmware or something upstream.

I've tried both gateway/router mode and bridge mode. Same exact problems replicated on multiple computers.

elmirix
I plan to stick around

i'm quite sure it can be related to the modem it self... wondering if there are other gigabit modems from rogers?

RogersIan
Product Manager
Product Manager

Christmas has come early!

We are expecting a new version of code for the CODA-4582 next week.

Patches in this build include:

-VPN stability improvements

-NAT Loopback fix

-Managed Router fixes

-Telemetry updates

We will look to push this code our to those of you in the trial group after a few days of validation testing.

Thanks,
RogersIan

You're not alone. They seem to have serious BGP issues within their backbone, loops, packet loss and what not. seeing the same exact behaviour for me, and my whole building. Mostly between 9 and 10am est and 3-5pm.

MisterPinst
I plan to stick around

@RogersIan - Amazing news regarding the NAT loopback fix! Thanks for this! What's the build # of the new version?

hoopdogg
I plan to stick around

Hey @RogersIan any updates on this release?  Does it still look like a go before Christmas?

thanks

Murray

user12343543
I plan to stick around

I had a modem on the .33 firmware and despite it being given to me brand new it had been cutting out every 5 mins for about 30 seconds. I swapped modems at the store to a very used looking one and it it's on the same firmware and hardware version but no problems so far!

elmirix
I plan to stick around

Thats good finding... "get me the oldest one looking!!!" lol