Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

xenoguy
I plan to stick around

just to add a sample point of data here.  i got 7.1.1.30 about a week ago.  i think about a day after it was pushed to my modem i had to pull the plug and reboot it.  but since then it's been fine.  speed is fine, etc.

from reading other posts here, i think the hard reboot was probably expected for the upgrade to 7.x

I'm running it in bridged mode btw.  so i can't comment on if the gateway features have gotten any better.

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

@RogersIan 

Sorry, I have been busy the past few weeks and I was not able to provide too much feedback.

Tonight on 7.1.1.30 , I downloaded Path of Exile on steam 25 GB , I peaked at 107 mbs, and almost all the time I was over 100 I only dropped to 93 once. This is is the fastest download I ever done in my lifetime with Rogers on Gigabit plan.

I noticed that past few days my net was really solid and fast, do you guys changed anything? It never been this good anyhow, I am amazed right now, had to share!

deus
I plan to stick around

A gigabit plan is 1000 Mbs and in a perfect world will provide ~ 120 MBs speed. Your d/l rate of  107 Mbs is  not there yet. Although it is good news to be on a quicker connection than before, the new speed just sucks a little less. ( Unless you mean MBs  and not Mbs.)

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor
Sorry for the confusion, I meant MB/s

I can't post a screenshot from my cellphone but I will post one later when I get on my desktop.

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

@deus 

Here's the screenshot as promised.

I am on gigabit since it's released and it's the first I achieve download of over 100 MB/s.

System specs.

i7 5930k OC 4.3 GHZ

16 GB DDR4 2666mhz

RTX 2070

Using a wired connection of course!

funny part is I started the download, went to go get a glass of water and when I returned I was already at 10 GB downloaded... and then I noticed the speed.

Fun fact the lowest it dropped was 93 MB/s , but most of the time it was over 100 MB/s. 

gigabitrogerspeedstream.png

deus
I plan to stick around

winner, congrats.

xenoguy
I plan to stick around

well, another week another restart.  the modem was online and traffic was a bit weird.  checked and the modem wasn't responding to pings anymore.  had to pull the plug on it to restart it again.

i guess this is my life now, back to restarting the modem once a week. 7.1.1.30 is a dud.

it's in bridged mode too, so it's disappointing that it borks even when it has none of the gateway functions turned on.

RumalYapa
I'm here a lot

Firmware 7.1.1.30 is definitely not ready for release I've had to restart my modem multiple times, the 5g wifi disables itself. I tried it in bridged mode with router and still its unusable for daily use. Is there a way to revert to the stable firmware?

ffdhfhf
I plan to stick around
Hello,

I'm still seeing packet loss with low latency with Firmware 2.0.10.36T6 modem CODA-4582U. Is someone able to log into the device and check its state. I've seen this before but rebooting modem clears issue/state.

Also mentioned it in this massive thread

Maybe some Rogers infra engineer can ssh into modem and see if there's any weird kernel messages or whatever? I know it's running Linux on it

Signal levels look ok, generally though TX on some channels are a little low, 33 dBmV, RX is +4 on one channel and 8-12 dBmV on rest, SNR is good.

I don't want to reboot modem or the state it's in will be lost, until it happens again over time ...

toolcubed
I'm a senior contributor
Soooo, what’s going on with the firmware? Anyone know if there will soon be a stable 7.x version released? I was on the 7.1.1.30 trial and had to get kicked back to 36T6 because of serious stability issues. But now I’m finding that I have to reboot my modem a few times a week because the connection just ceases (modem lights are fine but no data). I think this is due to the rollback because I never had these issues with 36T6 prior to my initial upgrade to 7.1.1.30. I’m really hoping for a stable 7.x version release soon. It’s getting a bit frustrating now.

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor
@Datalink

I see the new modem XB6 is now available as a standalone.. should I switch to that instead of the Coda?

@JohnBeaudin thats rather interesting to say the least.  If you were going to switch, I'd choose the Technicolor CGM-4140.  

rjmaxim
I plan to stick around

@Datalink @JohnBeaudin  Good news.......If true, it looks like Rogers is finally replacing the Hitron 4582, which has been problematic and nearing EOL anyways. This strategy makes sense and simplifies migrating customers on digital TV to IPTV later with a single HiSpeed modem offering now. I would very much like to swap my 4582 with a Technicolor XB6 without having to switch to IPTV (full Ignite service) and see if it improves my speeds, which still continues to be around 600 Mbps using Speedtest.net. Incidentally, Rogers now insists that customers use Hitron's WiFi App to test Speeds, which results in much higher Speed readings than Speedtest.net or any other Speed test by almost 200-- 300 Mbps ....Hmm? Has anyone else experienced this? 

It would also be nice to hear from Rogers, what their latest Modem strategy is.....and status of the Hitron modems. Have we seen the last of the stable Hitron 4582 Version release (36T6)?  😀      

I wouldn't get too excited about the possibility just yet.  No one else has confirmed if this is true or not and I haven't seen anything on Rogers website but I haven't looked very hard.  

I'd find it hard to believe that Rogers would be abandoning the 4582 at this point in time, but hey, you never know.  

Personally I haven't had any issues with the 4582.  Its running in Bridge mode, as it has been since day one and I've never seen any problems with it running in Bridge mode.  I run speedtests thru my router and I've seen results in the 950 Mb/s to 1 Gb/s with 7.1.1.30 loaded.  I haven't run a full series of latency tests with 7.1.1.30 loaded as of yet.  Its on my list of things to do.  

How can I get this modem ?

Since when ?

colton30
I plan to stick around
Just ask them got one on Friday it is a Technicolor xb7

colton30
I plan to stick around
Sorry xb6

Ask who ? And any Rogers store will swap my coda for this one ? Is this just a modem or a gateway? So u have had this modem since Friday is it better then the coda have u noticed better latency?

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor
@lethalsniper

You need to pay for installation, they gave me 50$ off , so 100$ for installl. My appointment is march 24th I will get the XB6 so its worth it .

Yea but can I just get this modem just for internet .. I don’t want internet tv or home phone.