FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

So is 7.x production now or is it still in trial (with 36T6 still the latest production version)?
Product Manager
Product Manager

@toolcubed  2.0.10.36T6 is the current production code and 7.1.1.30 is the current trial code.

@blues_clues We have implemented a new power table on the u-nii 1 band (more powerful) which is why you may connect to it before others.

RogersIan

Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Thanks Rogerslan. Looks like I wasn’t removed from the trial testers list as I had previously requested (and confirmed by Rogers). My modem is on 7.1.1.30. As I had previously requested, I need to be removed from these trials as they’re far too risky for my work. I just sent you another PM. Can you please revert me to latest production version and ensure I’m removed from all trial lists? Thanks.
Highlighted
Product Manager
Product Manager

Moving from our current 2.0 platform to the 7.1 platform is a big jump in terms of the modems functionality and we want to thank everyone for their involvement so far..

As we get closer to a final version of code we are looking for further feedback from the community on the performance of 7.1.1.27/.30. 
For those of you who are running it, please consider only your experience over the last 3 weeks, this would be since we rolled out the last fix.

Are your speeds comparable to what you saw on 2.0.10.36T6?

Over the past 3 weeks has your connection been more or less stable then on 2.0.10.36T6?

Have you had to reboot your modem over the past 3 weeks? If so do you have to more often then when you were on 36T6?

Have you ran into any other issues or concerns you can share details on?

As always we appreciate your help identifying the bugs. The input this community provides directly affects the success of our testing.

Thanks again,
RogersIan

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Ian,

As far as my experience goes, I'd say that the speeds have gone down in my case, I've had to reboot the modem a few times now so I'd say overall it's less stable as I've faced a few outages or intermittent drops in connection. From an overall performance aspect, 36T6 worked a lot better in my case. At least I think it did! Lol
Highlighted
I'm a Regular

@RogersIan why do some people in my building where I live have 4 upload channels and I have only 3 ? I got the coda modem
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersIan are you still running a slow release program to the test group?  I'm still running 36T6.

Highlighted
I'm a Regular

7.1.1.30 has been less stable for me. This morning (while still on 7.x, before being reverted to 36T6), I was dropping Skype and MS Teams calls every 5-7 minutes. I was then reverted back to 36T6 and after an hour-long Teams meeting with the older firmware, the call was flawless with no drops whatsoever. Also, when I was on 7.x, navigating thru the CODA admin menus was tedious...some tabs would only partially load while other tabs wouldn’t load at all. Power cycling fixed it temporarily. Never had that issue with 36T6, which, overall has been far more stable for me compared to 7.x.

As for speeds (I’m on the 500/20 plan), my download speeds are more consistent with 36T6 but upload speeds seemed to be slightly more consistent with 7.x. I can usually consistently hit 560-590 on 36T6 while download speeds seemed to fluctuate between 400 and 580 on 7.x. As for upload speeds, I would always immediately get 22Mbps on 7.x and it would remain at 22 for the entire duration of the upload speed test. On 36T6, upload speeds start at 50, then immediately drop to about 12 and the slowly work their way up to 22.

Hope this feedback helps
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I get the following in the log.  Running .30 in bridge mode.

daily CM Certificate Errors,

REG-RSP-MP Mismatch Between Calculated Value for P1.6hi Compared to CCAP Provided Value

RNG-RSP CCAP Commanded Power in Excess of 6 dB Below the Value Corresponding to the Top of the DRW

Also, I believe my office VPN connection is being affected but I'm not sure.  It often seems to stop working for no reason, then starts again. 

Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Why can’t Rogers just release a standalone modem for the customers who want one @RogersIan and please respond to my last post thanks.