FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Personal opinion, on any firmware update, especially if you have any issues following the update, reboot/restart the modem at the very least.  I'd suggest a factory reset, but, at this point I'm not sure what that will load, the same 7.1.1.27, or will it attempt to return to 36T6?  I suspect that returning to 36T6 requires deliberate action from Rogers staff.

I've always found that a modem reboot at the very least, moving from there to a factory reset, has been required to see the modem function as expected after a firmware update, despite the reboot that is scheduled into the update.

In this particular case, this is a big jump, moving to a new kernel. 

I'm still on 36T6 at the moment. 

I'm Here A Lot

I did a factory reset and after about an hour I was back to the same UnknownError in the UI + DHCP breaking.

Currently setting Static IP + Static DNS on my devices seems to at least allow me to use the internet.

Factory reset again brought me to 7.1.1.27 (holding reset button for 10 seconds) and I seem to have no way to go back.

Router is inaccessible via 192.168.0.1 right now
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Try 192.168.100.1 to see if that gets you past the login page.

Did the reset take you back to the initial modem setup page?  If not, hold the reset button down for 30 seconds.  

I'm Here A Lot

Yes it was a full reset, I got initial modem setup (Rogers Easy Connect) - about 40 minutes later it started dying again.

192.168.100.1 is nothing, 192.168.0.1 responds to ping but is inaccessible in browser.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When you try 192.168.0.1, does it go to the login page and not respond to the user inputs, or, does the browser simply hang and not access the page?

When in doubt, you should be able to call tech support and ask the tech to factory reset the modem again, that is of course assuming that the tech can actually access the modem.  

@RogersIan should be watching for comments such as these.  

One thought that comes to mind is to delete the existing Lan and Wifi network profiles from the pc so that windows regenerates those profiles.  That shouldn't make any difference, but, there's always a possibility that it might. 

I'm Here A Lot

Right now it is a wired connection to my PC, but I will try resetting. Previously it was simply Automatic everything but now StaticIP+DNS was needed to actually access internet.

Initially, as others reported, the UI on 192.168.0.1 partially loaded but we saw Login Failure - UnknownError.

I tried logging in now with 0 changes and I actually got the login prompt (previously was just a Chrome-side error 400.

image.png

So yeah, this is consistent with the past 2 days of me dealing with this.

Either

1. UnknownError in HTML, can't login

2. If I can login, the UI works for a few seconds or is just empty

3. If I factory reset it works for a little bit, then regresses to #1 or #2

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I would like to participate. how can I join the trial? I have the black Hiltron modem, not sure if its nicknamed the "rocket" can someone reach out to me?

I'm Here A Lot

Seems Rogers Tech Support also cannot access the modem when I am unable to. At least it's not my end. Almost certain it's the firmware!

Hello, @Pauly

We're happy to hear that you want to join the Firmware Trial!

Please Click Here to find the steps on how to join the trial. We look forward to having you onboard as a tester. 😃

Regards,

CommunityHelps

RogersTony

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersIan 

I received 7.1.1.27 over the weekend and with testing against 7.1.1.21, I saw no improvement of my existing issues.

- I cannot forward IPV6 DNS using DHCP

- Issue still exists with my smart devices on 2.4Ghz band

- DDNS pick list unchanged

- 5Ghz wireless is more unstable from 7.1.1.21 (I had to unplug/plug my modem)

If possible, can the 2.0.10.36T6 feature be retained on future 7.1.1.x versions?