Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersIan
Product Manager
Product Manager

Don't have code we can deploy here yet, sorry guys. It's not from a lack of trying I promise.

We are expecting a .27 version to hit us the beginning of next week.

We continue to flush out issues found during the upgrade flow from 2.0 to 7.1 code. Seems we fix one and another pops up.

For those of you currently on 7.1.1.21 how is the code performing?

Appreciate the feedback,

RogersIan

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

@RogersIan 

Thanks for the update Ian, Looking forward to test the new code.

mf152
I plan to stick around

I received 7.1.1.21. A couple weird things started happening:

1) Guest account showed up even though it's disabled

2) both 2.4G and 5G wireless showed up as Open instead of Secured. And was able to connect without any password.  Rebooted to fix

3) Hitron router page times out quickly while logged in 

4) Some devices refuse to connect (not sure of the pattern here)

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

@MF15

Is it the new code that you just received? 

anyone else got it?

mf152
I plan to stick around

I just received this firmware, the one some of you received up to a month ago.  I really need a downgrade to 2.0.  Who do I need to contact to get that done?  Thanks.

blues_clues
I plan to stick around

@RogersIan 

We were all under the impression that 7.1.1.21 was halted from being rolled out any further.  Those who asked to be rolled back were accommodated.  Some of us who have it are waiting for 7.1.1.27.  Noone should be getting 7.1.1.21 at this time.

@mf152Send a message to @CommunityHelps and/or @RogersIan 

RogersIan
Product Manager
Product Manager

@mf152- Very strange,we haven't pushed code out since the initial push of .21 and I don't see anything in your logs. Do you want to message me some more info on your wireless connectivity issue including which clients are having issues?

Thanks,

RogersIan

RogersIan
Product Manager
Product Manager

Over the next few days we are going to be deploying 7.1.1.27 to both those of you on .21 as well as those on 36T6.

.27 has the new Intel SDK required to support OFDMA.

Thanks,

RogersIan

mf152
I plan to stick around

I decided to enable band steering and DFS and will see how it goes.  Got the weird issue again today where guest account showed up again. Rebooted.  Since 27 is coming along soon will wait.

As per what you mentioned, I may have had 7.1.1.21 for a while and didn't even realize it.  But I only started experiencing some strange issues the few days or so.  

ablatt
I plan to stick around
I thought .21 already had the new Intel SDK required for OFDMA.

@ablatt you are correct.  Continued roll-out was halted due to problems detected with that version.  

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

@RogersIan 

Awesome news! can't wait to test  the new code, don't forget to push it my way when it gets available.

@RogersIan 

Is OFDMA only for the Hitrons? What about us XB6 users?

Hello Team - don't know when I was upgraded to the new CODA-4582 however this morning I woke up with "barely" my router working. Ethernet was fully borked, Wifi was half borked, MoCA was also borked.

192.168.0.1 simply said "UnknownError" in the HTML

Did a factory reset and I'm still on 7.x.x.x (too lazy to go back a page) and I was able to use the internet again. Disabled 2.4Ghz, setup 5Ghz, enabled MoCA, went to "Show Connected Devices" and basically it seems 192.168.0.1 is dead again.

Internet is working as I'm able to post this so I'm not going to fiddle with anything for now.

edit: UnknownError on 192.168.0.1 again.

edit2: By setting my DNS explicitly (on PC side) to Google DNS I seem to be able to use the internet again at least. Still getting unknown error on CODA.

Cheers

mf152
I plan to stick around

I have been upgraded to 7.1.1.27

Initial thoughts
1) Had to reboot modem to be able to access 192.168.0.1 again (was hanging and then unknown username error)

2) Speeds have dropped to 35mbps according to fast.com (was 150mbps on 7.1.1.21 and 250+ on version 2, this is while paying for 500mpbs speeds)

Edit: I disabled DFS, and poof, speeds back up to normal levels.  Will monitor for the next while. 

Update to my previous post - I woke up again basically with dead internet, DNS only didn't work, however setting a static IP may have helped.

Might be DHCP messing up + UnknownError = sad times?

Alborze
I plan to stick around
Seems like this new firmware is an absolute nightmare, so please don't upgrade me until it's fully fixed. On 36t6 and it's working wonderful on my gigabit plan, I'm happy with the current speeds and range.

Personal opinion, on any firmware update, especially if you have any issues following the update, reboot/restart the modem at the very least.  I'd suggest a factory reset, but, at this point I'm not sure what that will load, the same 7.1.1.27, or will it attempt to return to 36T6?  I suspect that returning to 36T6 requires deliberate action from Rogers staff.

I've always found that a modem reboot at the very least, moving from there to a factory reset, has been required to see the modem function as expected after a firmware update, despite the reboot that is scheduled into the update.

In this particular case, this is a big jump, moving to a new kernel. 

I'm still on 36T6 at the moment. 

I did a factory reset and after about an hour I was back to the same UnknownError in the UI + DHCP breaking.

Currently setting Static IP + Static DNS on my devices seems to at least allow me to use the internet.

Factory reset again brought me to 7.1.1.27 (holding reset button for 10 seconds) and I seem to have no way to go back.

Router is inaccessible via 192.168.0.1 right now

Try 192.168.100.1 to see if that gets you past the login page.

Did the reset take you back to the initial modem setup page?  If not, hold the reset button down for 30 seconds.  

Yes it was a full reset, I got initial modem setup (Rogers Easy Connect) - about 40 minutes later it started dying again.

192.168.100.1 is nothing, 192.168.0.1 responds to ping but is inaccessible in browser.