Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersIan
Product Manager
Product Manager

As some of you have guessed we don't have much to share on the firmware front.

Code for CODA-4582 is still in the testing phase, we need a reliable build to support OFDMA. Once we have that we will definitely share it here with the community and look for your feedback. 

On the AC side of devices we have begun the roll out of 4.5.8.40 to our customers. This is the version we shared with this community a few months ago.

RogersIan

soundwave80
I plan to stick around
Last night I noticed my internet slowed down to a crawl, I logged into the modem and noticed a 4th upstream channel, and my signals are a bit lower then before.

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

https://www.lightreading.com/cable/docsis/cablelabs-kicks-off-pursuit-of-docsis-40/d/d-id/752355?

Docsis 4.0 should be ready by 2021, it means around 2026-2030 We will likely see it on Rogers Network.

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

Just doing my Monthly check-in, forum has been dead for the last month.

Is there any progress towards D3.1 upstream?

Triple_Helix
I plan to stick around

I agree way to quiet. No new firmware updates no news on D3.1 upstream... who knows if the CODA will continue into the future? New modem coming?

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

@Triple_Helix 

Seems like the forum is completely dead, wish we had some insight like we used to have before, I really miss the RogersDave era it was amazing.

rjmaxim
I plan to stick around

@JohnBeaudin wrote:

@Triple_Helix 

Seems like the forum is completely dead, wish we had some insight like we used to have before, I really miss the RogersDave era it was amazing.

Indeed not the same as before.....updates were provided and issues addressed. Gig Speed used to be 1G/50MB.. Up was always close to 50...now max at 30.... while Down usually swings greatly... between 250 - 800GB.  Complains get fixed for a while and then you go through same routine again every couple months. Lately HGS (Rogers Technical Outsourcing group - Hinduja Global Solutions) tries to resolve speed issues remotely, which works for while and until speeds degrades again, etc. Speed Consistency remains a major issue. Now the recommended speed test is to use Netflix FAST.com.  The Coda 4582 is aging and maybe time for Rogers to allow customers to use their own Cable Modems. Has anyone  tried to use Netgear's Orbi Cable modem (CBK40) and successfully installed a hi-speed Mesh network. Seems technology is evolving in this direction. I know Rogers Ignite Wall-to-Wall internet uses Amazon's Eero Mesh ....but it would be nice to have a choice. Smiley Happy  

RyzenFX
I'm a reliable contributor

@RogersIan Any updates on the OFDMA & Bandsteering code for the CODA-4582? 

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

@RyzenFX @RogersIan 

I'd love to have that answer as well..

Now in the meantime Ignite TV will be released on August 21 in N-B , Can I get that modem instead of the CODA, it can't be worst, I have to reboot 5-6 times a day every single day, and I contacted rogers support often and I am on my 4th or 5th CODA modem already.

As far as I am aware, you can only get the ignite modem, when you get the ignite TV service as well.

soundwave80
I plan to stick around
What kind of ordeal is it to switch from digital to ignite? Is it as simple as picking up new equipment from the Roger's store?
With all of the internet outages and slowdowns I can only assume Roger's is working on something within their network, possibly docsis 3.1 upstream.

@soundwave80 nope, this is a custom install.  You can't just walk into a Rogers store and pickup the equipment.  Too bad as those individuals with a technical background and stable internet service could most likely install the Ignite equipment without any problems, and possibly do a better job at it.  

If you're having issues with your current service, switching to Ignite won't do you any favours.  If anything it will just make the situation worse than it already is.  You really need to pester tech support to see that the problems are resolved.  Put them on speed dial and don't hesitate to use it, multiple times per day if necessary.  

xenoguy
I plan to stick around

@RogersIan it's been a long time since we heard anything in this thread.  any updates to share? OFDMA coming soon?

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

I don't think there's an ETA for OFDMA, we can forget it for this year and maybe we have a chance for Late 2020.

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

@RogersIan 

It will be a year soon (  2.0.10.36T6 (October 23, 2018)) since we received the last firmware update for the CODA.

Are you still working on new firmware or 2.0.10.36T6 is the final version?

soundwave80
I plan to stick around
Hopefully it will be the final firmware and they will give all customers a modem with the Broadcom chipset.

Square
I'm a reliable contributor

Might as well lock this thread up!  After Dave left, so did the new firmware's.

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

@Square

Indeed this thread died quickly after Dave left, now nobody from Rogers are answering for the past 6 months.

not sure why they don't lock this thread.

RogersIan
Product Manager
Product Manager

Good news, the time has come for what many of us have been waiting for!!

We have new CODA-4582 firmware which we will be rolling out to our community members this week.

This version of firmware, 7.1.1.21 has a new Intel SDK which allows support for OFDMA.
We have also begun OFDMA field trials. Now before you ask, sorry I do not have a date for rollout across the network.

I know this has been a long time coming and I appreciate everyone sticking around.
Thank you and we look forward to your feedback,
RogersIan

He lives ..... WOOHOO ..... And bearing presents as well 🙂  Looking forward to the new firmware ....

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

I am extremely happy to hear about it. 

Looking forward to try the new firmware!