FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Is it possible to have this 4.5.8.40 pushed through to my modem CGN3-ACSMR that I had recently been upgraded to. I currently have 4.5.8.39T6. Also my IPv6 is no longer enabled and it was when I had the regular CGN3.

Product Manager
Product Manager

@JohnBeaudin - The 5GHz issue which was found meant that version of code was shelved. The cause was identified and will be patched in the next version, which we are expecting to have towards the end of the month. Once it's delivered we will put it through its paces and then hopefully be able to share it here to get your feedback. 

RogersIan

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Thanks Ian, will you enable D3.1 on the upstream with that update later on?

I've Been Here Awhile

All is fixed, turned out to be my Linksys router not picking up IPv6 anymore. Connected directly to modem.

I've Been Here Awhile

Found out I forgot to put new modem in bridge mode to have Linksys detecting the IPv6 so all is good with Linksys router.

I Plan to Stick Around

any word on new firmware for the CODA coming soon?

I've had some more instability lately.  i moved the modem closer to the demarc, which gets stronger signals.  this seems to solve some docsis/cable network instability.

unfortunately the wifi is a bit weaker/slower, because 5ghz isn't great at going through walls/floors.  the demarc is downstairs in a closed room.

there's also an issue where the modem itself just freezes.  I checked and it has a very very old version of dnsmasq, with bugs, security vulnerabilities and memory leaks.  to combat this, I'm turning off the DNS proxy feature and just using the rogers dns servers.

to check dns server version information use this command line in windows.  not every server will return info, but the CODA does.

nslookup -type=TXT -class=CHAOS -debug version.bind

Hello Community,

Last firmware update on the CODA was on  2.0.10.36T6 (October 23, 2018) 

I hope we will have some good news soon about the new firmware and possibly what direction Rogers is going with the internet service, (Staying with coax for a while or going full fibre?)

@RogersIan 

I don't want to sound like a broken record, but I was wondering if you have any news or ETA to share with the community?

Product Manager
Product Manager

@JohnBeaudin 

Apologies for the silence, I wish I had more to share.

CGN3AC - We are carefully moving forward with .40. 

CODA - Still testing the new code which brings items discussed earlier in the year.

RogersIan

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersIan wrote:

@JohnBeaudin 

Apologies for the silence, I wish I had more to share.

CGN3AC - We are carefully moving forward with .40. 

CODA - Still testing the new code which brings items discussed earlier in the year.

RogersIan

Isn't the CODA the Main Modem for Gigabit users? Why not get it working as it should be and get the Upload going with DOCSIS® 3.1 and get the speed up as well! 

Microsoft® MVP Windows Insider - Windows Security