Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

SickBeast
I plan to stick around

@RogersIanI got it working.  I did a factory reset on the modem and then also on my router.  It seemed to be the factory reset on the router that fixed it.  My apologies if this issue had nothing to do with anything on your end of things!  Thanks again for your help.

To reiterate, my speeds appear to be *fine* in bridge mode on the 36T5 firmware.  But it required factory resetting all of my devices.

@SickBeast@RogersIan, you're not the only one with speed issues when the modem is running in Bridge mode.  @Hucklebury is having the same problem with an Asus RT-AC86U, half speed when the modem is running in Bridge mode.  No amount of modem swaps, or factory resets for modem or router have solved the problem.  

I'm also trying to help with another case where the download speed with the 4582 is next to nil.  So far, that just doesn't make any sense. 

Makaveli99
I plan to stick around

i'm also seeing lower throughput on this in bridge mode but not sure it is the firmware or just something on the network.

instead of 500-600Mbps

around 350-485Mbps

And uploads 10-15Mbps instead of 21.

hoopdogg
I plan to stick around

@RogersIan.   Noticing this morning I have reverted back to 2.0.10.36T5 on my Coda.   Was there an (un)intentional rollback?

Thanks

murray

Makaveli99
I plan to stick around

I just double checked all the servers I checked yesterday and my speed is back to normal today.

Alborze
I plan to stick around

Not sure what's going on but it seems that something strange, my speeds are slow and this is happening as I can't seem to access my Rogers Modem via 192.168.0.1 all morning til I tried from my desktop, which seems to be the only device I can use to access it and this is what I found, not sure what it means but can anyone advise if there's a problem?

DOCSIS Logs.jpg

ablatt
I plan to stick around

My CODA 4582 in bridge mode on 36T6 has rebooted on its own twice in the past week.  Not sure why. 

hoopdogg
I plan to stick around

@RogersIancan you please put T6 to my Coda again?  Not sure why I'm reverted to T5

rjmaxim
I plan to stick around

@RogersIan wrote:

@SickBeast

Sorry to hear about your experience. We have pushed 36T5 to your device, please let me know if your speeds improve.

When you have a moment I was hoping you could answer a few questions.

1. Were you connected through a router or directly to the gateway?

2. Was the connection slow intermittently or constantly?

3. Did your speeds gradually decrease or was it a big drop at once?

4. Did rebooting the gateway return your speeds?

For anyone else using bridge mode on 36T6 how are your speeds?

RogersIan

@RogersIan  I am on 36T6.... sadly my average speeds are 500 but more often closer to 300 in Bridge or  Gateway. Have been paying Gibabit speed for nearly 2 years.....and been getting nowhere. It's time to assess alternatives.Smiley Sad  

RogersIan
Product Manager
Product Manager

@hoopdogg

I have pushed 36T6 to your modem, my apologies.

Hucklebury
I plan to stick around

@RogersIan

My Coda is on 

2.0.10.36T4

Seems like every time it rains the event log fills up with errors resulting in loss of DOCSIS 3.1.  Techs coming into the home to try and resolve this issue over and over are not able to resolve it. Perhaps because it does NOT rain inside my home. 

Is there any explanation for the errors seems like an outside connection issue to me

Nov 07 18.png

toolcubed
I'm a senior contributor
Hi everyone (including Rogers). I would just like to say that 36T5 performed better and more consistently (higher speeds more consistently) than 36T6. I’m using my CODA in bridge mode. Thanks.

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

@Datalink

I had an on going issue for about 2 months, were I needed to reboot the modem several time a day, especially before gaming, otherwise I was getting packet loss.

I called Rogers a few weeks ago, a tech came in swapped the modem, and the issue persisted, now Saturday I called back Rogers Tech, she did a ZAP that rebooted the modem. Strangely since she done no more packet issues 2 days without rebooting the modem.

She still has set an appointment for Wed , for a tech to come in and investigate.

What does a ZAP do exactly?

RogersIan
Product Manager
Product Manager

@JohnBeaudin

Zapping a modem forces it to re-register on the network.

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

ok Thanks @RogersIan

Looks like re-registering to the network had a temporary benefit, because I no longer need to reboot my modem several time a day. I will continue to monitor and hopefully it's all it needed.

lulwt
I've been here awhile

Hey @RogersIan , I was getting 900+ mbps for months now, but yesterday the internet was down for most of the day as they were doing repairs, since then I'm also getting half the speed in bridge mode.

1. Were you connected through a router or directly to the gateway? Directly to pc I get full speed, only half through router.

2. Was the connection slow intermittently or constantly? Always the same 400-600 mbps

3. Did your speeds gradually decrease or was it a big drop at once? Right after the internet came back

4. Did rebooting the gateway return your speeds? No, factory resetting  both modem and router didn't help

I guess firmware 2.0.10.36T5 is the culprit, any way to revert to an older firmware that works at 1gbps and stay with it?

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@lulwt@RogersIan this is the same problem that @Hucklebury is experiencing.  Modem in Gateway mode, full download rates, modem in Bridge mode with a router behind it, half speeds.  The router in question is an Asus RT-AC86U, same router that I have.  This is with the modem running DOCSIS 3.1.  If the modem runs DOCSIS 3.0 for any reason, then it runs at full rates, 900+ Mb/s on the download side.    

I'm not seeing this problem where I am (West Ottawa), but, I do see lower download rates from the www.speedtest.net Rogers Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal servers, anywhere from 600 to 700 Mb/s.  This has been going on for at least a month.  The Toronto Vmedia and Montreal Ebox servers show 930 Mb/s down, ~32/33 Mb/s up.  I'm running 36T6 at the present time.

Fwiw, watching the Ebox speedtests with Wireshark, you can see a switch(?) to Web Sockets occur at the beginning of the test, followed by switch back to HTTP/1.1.  The speedtest commences after the switch back to HTTP.  This runs at full rates.  The Rogers test runs HTTP/1.1 with no switch to Web Sockets.  This test runs slower than normal.  All of my tests are run with Firefox at the present time as Firefox currently produces the highest download rates on a speedtest.  

Mixed up in this is a switch to HTTPS by the speedtest servers.  Don't know how that currently affects the Rogers servers.  

Fwiw, looks like you have to keep an eye on the Rogers server results and test with other ISP servers, including Toronto Vmedia and Montreal Ebox. 

lulwt
I've been here awhile

I'm actually getting full speed on rogers' server on speedtest.net, but only there.

Any other server, dslreports and even rogers own speed test are half speed with the router, if I connect the bridged modem to the pc directly I get full speed everywhere.

RogersIan
Product Manager
Product Manager

Tonight we plan to push 4.5.8.39T6 to our AC device community members.

This build includes:

• Wi-Fi driver update (5GHz SSID is intermittently not broadcast after reboot) - Carried over from 39T2
  • Fix: Modem randomly rebooting
  • Fix: Ongoing stability improvement
  • Fix: Upgrade issues found on 39T5

RogersIan

Hello. I have Adv Wi-Fi Mdm on Ignite 250U.
Hardware Version 1A
Software Version 4.5.8.38T5
Got it a couple months ago, 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ worked fine until I changed the 2.4 band to N only. All my N devices could not connect to the 2.4 band after a couple of days. Cellphones, TV, laptops, PC's... none would connect, not even after rebooting or trying to manually connect them.  The 5GHZ band continued to work nice and smooth.  Only the 2.4 band was affected given that the change in setting is localized to 2.4 only.  Rebooting the router or changing any 2.4 setting fixed it for a a day or two. Problem came back and continued to recur almost daily until some form of reset or reboot is performed. I've proved it by going back to default mixed mode g/n for two weeks without any problems. Changed back to N earlier this week and now the problem is back. Switching back to mixed mode g/n to make this problem go away. This has to be a bug with the firmware, possibly in combination with my hardware version. Level II does not want to listen. Good luck with this problem.

ablatt
I plan to stick around

CODA-4582U 2A on 36T6 in bridge mode, resets at least once a week.