FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

@toolcubed wrote:
I’ve tried wired and wireless on various devices (2 iPhones, and 3 different laptops). When wired, I tried while connected to my own router and also connected directly to the CODA modem. I’ve even tried putting the CODA back in gateway mode and connecting directly to it. Nothing improves my upload speed and packet loss. Download speed while connected thru ethernet to either my own router or to CODA is ~600Mbps. Download speed over wireless is 500-540 Mbps. The problem is only with my upload speed and packet loss on the upstream. I haven’t tried reinstalling the ethernet drivers. I know that’s worked for you but not sure what that will do since 1. I have the same issues with my iPhones, 2. The problems happened immediately following a Rogers infrastructure change (i.e. node work), 3. Things were perfectly fine before, and 4. How would reinstalling the ethernet drivers on my laptops fix the same issue I’m having on my iPhones? (By the way, I did perform a network reset on both iPhones). I will bet my hard earned dollars that this is a problem with congestion on the node, or misconfiguration of the new node, or noise in the system (e.g. from a neighbour) that happened to coincide with the node work.

Edit:

I logged into the modem and looked at the DOCSIS Event Logs table. I see several “No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out” entries and one “SYNC Timing Synchroniztion failure - Loss of Sync”. Not sure what those mean.

Does anyone know what these event logs mean..... For the past couple of days Mine have been filling up with them. I used to only get them once in a while.

ERRORS.png

Product Manager
Product Manager

@SickBeast

Sorry to hear about your experience. We have pushed 36T5 to your device, please let me know if your speeds improve.

When you have a moment I was hoping you could answer a few questions.

1. Were you connected through a router or directly to the gateway?

2. Was the connection slow intermittently or constantly?

3. Did your speeds gradually decrease or was it a big drop at once?

4. Did rebooting the gateway return your speeds?

For anyone else using bridge mode on 36T6 how are your speeds?

RogersIan

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I am in bridge mode with 36T6.  About a week ago my download speeds dropped suddenly to around 60 mbps.  My signal looked the same.  I switched back to gateway mode but that didn't help.   I then reset to factory defaults and put it back in bridge mode.  It's been a week and it's fine so far.  CODA-4582U 2A.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @RogersIan, thank you for pushing the standard firmware to my modem so promptly.  Unfortunately I am still having this same issue on the 36T5 firmware.  I am certain that I did not have this issue on previous versions of the firmware.  I just can't say exactly which version or when the problem started.  I will tell you that I'm running a Netgear R8500 router which is pretty much top of the line.  It has more than enough CPU power to resolve the connection.

If you guys could look into this issue for future firmware revisions I would really appreciate it.  I can't access a lot of the functions of my router like this.  I much prefer bridge mode.

Just to confirm with you, in bridge mode I'm getting around 400mbps download speed.  When the modem is not in bridge mode, I get the full gigabit speed on speed tests; around 950mbps.  Upload speed does not seem to be affected at all.

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersIanI got it working.  I did a factory reset on the modem and then also on my router.  It seemed to be the factory reset on the router that fixed it.  My apologies if this issue had nothing to do with anything on your end of things!  Thanks again for your help.

To reiterate, my speeds appear to be *fine* in bridge mode on the 36T5 firmware.  But it required factory resetting all of my devices.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@SickBeast@RogersIan, you're not the only one with speed issues when the modem is running in Bridge mode.  @Hucklebury is having the same problem with an Asus RT-AC86U, half speed when the modem is running in Bridge mode.  No amount of modem swaps, or factory resets for modem or router have solved the problem.  

I'm also trying to help with another case where the download speed with the 4582 is next to nil.  So far, that just doesn't make any sense. 

I Plan to Stick Around

i'm also seeing lower throughput on this in bridge mode but not sure it is the firmware or just something on the network.

instead of 500-600Mbps

around 350-485Mbps

And uploads 10-15Mbps instead of 21.

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersIan.   Noticing this morning I have reverted back to 2.0.10.36T5 on my Coda.   Was there an (un)intentional rollback?

Thanks

murray

I Plan to Stick Around

I just double checked all the servers I checked yesterday and my speed is back to normal today.

I'm Here A Lot

Not sure what's going on but it seems that something strange, my speeds are slow and this is happening as I can't seem to access my Rogers Modem via 192.168.0.1 all morning til I tried from my desktop, which seems to be the only device I can use to access it and this is what I found, not sure what it means but can anyone advise if there's a problem?

DOCSIS Logs.jpg