FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Same here. Mine was just downgraded to 36T2 a few mins ago.
I'm Here A Lot

Looks like I have also been downgraded, first to 2.0.10.36T4 from 36T5, and now as I was typing this message, to 36T2, this is getting to be a bit frustrating, Bell Fibe is now offering 1.5Gbs Fibe in my area, that's looking mighty fine right now compared to this!

I'm Here A Lot

Was just upgraded again to 2.0.10.36T5
I Plan to Stick Around

And, we're back...

Software Version2.0.10.36T5
I Plan to Stick Around

Same here.

Thankfully no customer calls this morning otherwise I would've been pretty frustrated.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Back on T5

I'm a Regular

@Alborze, if Bell FTTH is available in your area, why are you messing around with cable? I don’t know why anyone would stick with cable/copper if they have access to full fibre. Currently, Rogers has the upper hand in terms of covering more people with ultra high speed due to many locations still only being served by Bell VDSL (FTTN). But that’s quickly changing and Bell has gotten very aggressive in their FTTH rollout. If you’re one of the lucky ones to be able to get full fibre, it shouldn’t even be a choice or decision. FTTH trumps copper. Period.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Exactly, the only reason to stay on cable and going trough all this.. is because we don't have FTTH from Bell Available in our area, if you do.. I don't know what you're doing here mate. 

I'm Here A Lot

Well looks like I was lied to by Bell, they left a flyer on my door the other day stating that these are the options available and when I called just now, it's not FTTH, yet.  They do have plans to implement that in our area, I don't know when, but I will be the first to switch when it happens.

For now I have to stick with what I got, Rogers Gigabit, which by the way, has been in and out all morning now since the downgrade/upgrade to 36T5.  Not sure if anyone else is having issues as well with connectivity and slow speeds now?

I Plan to Stick Around

@JohnBeaudin wrote:

Exactly, the only reason to stay on cable and going trough all this.. is because we don't have FTTH from Bell Available in our area, if you do.. I don't know what you're doing here mate. 

John...Totally agree. Just got downgraded again this morning and my speeds have not improved since March/April when I was happy with Rogers, averaging 900 down and 45 up. Now barely averaging 500 but mostly around 400....but paying for 1gb ? After 2 years on this program with declining services.....It's time to look at the alternative. Rogers is no longer competitive....nor willing to do anything for its loyal customers and BETA testers.  Bell FTTH now available and improving as time goes by.... ..when my contract is up....I'll likely switch. Smiley Happy