Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

zardoz99
I plan to stick around

Looks like a bulk revert. What exactly is happening Rogers?

Software Version

2.0.10.36T4

RogersIan
Product Manager
Product Manager

@hoopdogg @JohnBeaudin @zardoz99

Thanks for giving us the heads up.

As some of you may already know, we run nightly cleanup activities so all of the modems on the network are on the latest production firmware, i.e. 36T4. It seems some of the communities devices may have been caught by this. I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

We are looking to get 36T5 pushed out today.

RogersIan

zardoz99
I plan to stick around

OK, this is getting silly. Now I have been reverted back to 

Software Version2.0.10.36T2

JohnyR
I plan to stick around
Same here.

Upgraded last night to 36T4, and now back down to 36T2. Why?

@RogersIan, add me to that list as well.  Three firmware loads today:

12:39 am  Downgrade to 36T4

5: 28 am Reload 36T4

9:49 am  Downgrade to 36T2

Whats up?  

mozerd
I plan to stick around

Me too

2.0.10.36T2

This is getting RIDICULOUSE .... Roger, what in heck is going on.

David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call

reeets
I'm here a lot

Mine just reverted back as well to T2. I'm fine with that as long as the packet loss that started with the other firmware stops.

hoopdogg
I plan to stick around

T2 as of 9:48 also

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

Just got downgraded to 36T2 as well... not sure what's going on 😞

toolcubed
I'm a senior contributor
Same here. Mine was just downgraded to 36T2 a few mins ago.

Alborze
I plan to stick around

Looks like I have also been downgraded, first to 2.0.10.36T4 from 36T5, and now as I was typing this message, to 36T2, this is getting to be a bit frustrating, Bell Fibe is now offering 1.5Gbs Fibe in my area, that's looking mighty fine right now compared to this!

Was just upgraded again to 2.0.10.36T5

zardoz99
I plan to stick around

And, we're back...

Software Version2.0.10.36T5

JohnyR
I plan to stick around
Same here.

Thankfully no customer calls this morning otherwise I would've been pretty frustrated.

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

Back on T5

toolcubed
I'm a senior contributor
@Alborze, if Bell FTTH is available in your area, why are you messing around with cable? I don’t know why anyone would stick with cable/copper if they have access to full fibre. Currently, Rogers has the upper hand in terms of covering more people with ultra high speed due to many locations still only being served by Bell VDSL (FTTN). But that’s quickly changing and Bell has gotten very aggressive in their FTTH rollout. If you’re one of the lucky ones to be able to get full fibre, it shouldn’t even be a choice or decision. FTTH trumps copper. Period.

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

Exactly, the only reason to stay on cable and going trough all this.. is because we don't have FTTH from Bell Available in our area, if you do.. I don't know what you're doing here mate. 

Alborze
I plan to stick around

Well looks like I was lied to by Bell, they left a flyer on my door the other day stating that these are the options available and when I called just now, it's not FTTH, yet.  They do have plans to implement that in our area, I don't know when, but I will be the first to switch when it happens.

For now I have to stick with what I got, Rogers Gigabit, which by the way, has been in and out all morning now since the downgrade/upgrade to 36T5.  Not sure if anyone else is having issues as well with connectivity and slow speeds now?

rjmaxim
I plan to stick around

@JohnBeaudin wrote:

Exactly, the only reason to stay on cable and going trough all this.. is because we don't have FTTH from Bell Available in our area, if you do.. I don't know what you're doing here mate. 

John...Totally agree. Just got downgraded again this morning and my speeds have not improved since March/April when I was happy with Rogers, averaging 900 down and 45 up. Now barely averaging 500 but mostly around 400....but paying for 1gb ? After 2 years on this program with declining services.....It's time to look at the alternative. Rogers is no longer competitive....nor willing to do anything for its loyal customers and BETA testers.  Bell FTTH now available and improving as time goes by.... ..when my contract is up....I'll likely switch. Smiley Happy 

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

Rogers needs to step up their game, because Bell is aggressively deploying FTTH. Rogers is a good alternative to dsl and FTTN but can't compete with FTTH. Rogers will need to go full fibre sooner than later. And I wish they do so because it's nice to have competition , I don't want bell to have the monopoly of internet but I fear it might happen within the next 5-10 years.

futurelgcy
I plan to stick around

Totally agree with all you guys. And i put a lot of blame on the employees that's running this "so called" community of willing customers hiding and keep lying to us with no answers or transparency at all. @RogersDave WAS THE BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO ROGERS AND THE REASON WHY MOST OF US ARE STILL HERE! I CANT EVEN WATCH A 4K YOUTUBE VIDEO ON MY DEVICE AFTER YEARS AND I AM PAYING FOR GIGABIT! And the funny thing is a 50 mbps from 3rd party dsl can.  #THE FRUSTARTION IS REAL!