FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

@RogersIan

Is that the only change or is there other notes?

Thanks

I Plan to Stick Around

No disrespect towards you Datalink, we truly appreciate your dedication and assistance bro but this company needs to address these issues direct. It's just getting way out of hand and frustrating. Like why is there even a forum? Plus we contribute our time to make the service better but it's like we're begging at the same  paying our hard earn money monthly for this? Like this suppose to be a premium service that's why all of us is here and not with a third party company (which most of them have way better customer service). Ever since @RogersDave  left it has gotten 10 times worst and none of us deserves this period! Only god knows why he left when thinking about it .

I Plan to Stick Around

I disagree about there being poor service here. The issue I have with the CODA has not been fixed but is acknowledged and new code comes out frequently plus I am on the beta list. Whining about things is foolish . The forum is quiet because no one has additional things to say but the code keeps developing so work is going on.

I Plan to Stick Around

How often do you be on here @deus? And is addressing spending your money for a service that's not delivering whining? If things are good for you i totally understand but before you make any assumptions please do your homework and look at my posts and other participants as well evaluate the dates, response and solution before typing anything.

I Plan to Stick Around

Got the Update to:

Software Version2.0.10.36T5

210/05/2018 07:39:2469010100noticeSW Download INIT - Via NMS
310/05/2018 07:39:5469011100noticeSW download Successful - Via NMS
Microsoft® MVP Windows Insider - Windows Security
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hi all,

I wanted to chime in here too with some feedback, I for one am very happy with my results, last night I got updated to 2.0.10.36T5 overnight seamlessly.  Today when I woke up, both myself and my wife typically work from home and we noticed a huge improvement in our speeds and even the wifi range.  Not only that, the speeds are where they should be both on wifi and ethernet using only the rogers modem itself.  This is the result consistent for my connection after the update to 36T5.  

Before this, it was closer to 500ish with around 15-17 ping, upload about the same.  Slightly higher on Ethernet, but not even close to this speed!

I have yet to test if bridge mode works now and has been fixed on my side, as it wasn't working before, but to be honest, if this is the speeds and consistency I will continue to have, then I will not even bridge my modem as this is optimal!  I know that not everyone may have the same results and I do agree we have been dealing with a lot of frustrations and ups and downs for some time, but this to me is a HUGE improvement and makes me feel that the money I am spending for service is worth it and justified.  This is my opinion only and I truly wanted to say thank you for making a change to Rogers, thank you to the Devs and Engineers that worked on this.  I will keep you all posted on my results after a couple of days and let's hope this sticks!!

Edit: It might help to mention that I have 3 mobile phones on wifi, 3 computers on ethernet, PS4 on wifi, an IPAD on wifi, an IPTV Android Box on wifi, my Sony smart TV on wifi.  Obviously not everything is used at the same time but with the test results, the TV was on, 3 cell phones are on (2 personal, 1 work constantly being used) IPTV Android Box was on, 2 laptops where on and I think my niece was using the IPAD at the same time too.

I Plan to Stick Around

Good for me as well but I always have good speeds but this time my Upload is better as most of the time it's below 30Mbps.

Microsoft® MVP Windows Insider - Windows Security
I Plan to Stick Around

This is strictly conjecture but I doubt the firmware update has much to do with the better speedtest results.

I was upgraded to.  Just tested on speedtest and dslreports.  I get under 300 Mbps.  Over the last 2-3 months  I would more often than not hit 800-900 +.

The firmware changed I think maybe 1-2 times maybe.

I came back to cable recently after having left for DSL for a good 5 years.   It still feels very much like it used to in that you really never know what you're going to get.  Some days it's amazing.  Some days it starts great then degrades  throughout the day.

I hate to say it but with "the other guys" it was not as fast but it was consistent.  99.9% of the time.

If I could get FTTH I would leave this nonsense.

I Plan to Stick Around

Really hoping for this update soon. Keep having modem reboots and general problems with 36T4. Also speed has dropped yet again.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

So far it's looking better than the previous firmware, I had loads of issues with the previous ones, Had to reboot modem twice a day. I changed to a new modem and the issue persisted, so Right now on new beta firmware I have not experienced these glitches so far, I will keep track of things and see how it goes.