FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

@RogersIan What about the YouTube  4k  streaming issues? It's been over a year with no updates or answers meanwhile still being on a gigabit plan that hardly reaches 500 Mbps.

I Plan to Stick Around

I too look forward to testing 36T5 for the CODA.  Had a reboot of my modem yesterday for no reason on 36T4.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@CChilderhose are you running the modem in Gateway mode and in Dual Stack mode (IPV4 + IPV6).  Just curious at this point.  

I Plan to Stick Around

No I am running it in Bridge Mode as I bought a new D-Link DIR-882 router to use for Wi-Fi for some of my devices in my home.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@futurelgcy here's a suggestion for you.  Call tech support and ask the Customer Service Rep what the QAM level is for your OFDM channel.  Version 36T4 added Multi-Profile support, which allows the modem to run variable QAM levels in the OFDM channel.  There isn't any indication at the present time on the user display to show that level, as there is for the DOCSIS 3.0 channels.  That QAM level will in part be a reflection of the noise in the OFDM channel.  The lower the noise level, the higher the QAM should be.  Don't quote me on this but I suspect that the highest QAM level for now on the Roger network might be 1024.  I'm wondering what QAM level your modem is running at if you're only seeing 500 Mb/s.  You could also ask if there is any indication of noise in the OFDM channel. 

Here's a reference page that shows the range of the Variable Modulation Profiles:

https://www.incognito.com/a-technical-guide-to-docsis-3-1-and-beyond-part-2-technical-advantages/

I Plan to Stick Around

Given the above FW shortcomings, is there a thread discussing newer Rogers modems currently shipped to customers with Gigabit or 500 Mbps internet sub? Or its still CODA only? Another question is, can customers now buy these modems from Rogers or elsewhere, or its still rental only? If only rental, is there a way to get rental fee discount or waved altogether for Rogers new firmware trial participants as suffering from FW errors and helping Rogers?

Any other grounds for modem rental fee discount or wave - may be its a part of some promos? Does modem rental fee vary by model, and to what degree?

I Plan to Stick Around

@Datalink @arnym21 @User1445713 @RogersIan 

Firstly, I agree with arnym21, given these excessive and continued issues with the CODA FW, should, or couldnt Rogers be waiving the rental fees, atleast for the Beta testers? 

Next, Id also like to point out the same issue as @User1445713, the DHCP Reservation Table may be able to store more than 10 reservations, but as soon as it begins to assing the 11th or above, they go randomly in sequency of device connection while still stating DHCP Reserved, but assinging the wrong IP.... like come'on, this has been an issue for me since day one, and I cant believe nothings been fixed, and now others are telling you the same thing, I think you guys need to do alot more testing before you release your firmwares and make sure they meet the standard that your customers actually WANT, not what you think they want, based on some study over 7 years ago or somthing....

Today is Today, not Yesterday; So stop thinking about the past and start looking at the future

Highlighted
Product Manager
Product Manager

Tonight we begin pushing 36T5 code out to our CODA community testers. 

This build addresses a modem re-registration issue.

We look forward to your feedback.

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersIan wrote:

Tonight we begin pushing 36T5 code out to our CODA community testers. 

This build addresses a modem re-registration issue.

We look forward to your feedback.

Right on!

Microsoft® MVP Windows Insider - Windows Security
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Good news.