Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

mcsandy
I plan to stick around

@Alborze

Do you have speed tests showing the difference? Most people on here have better speeds in bridge mode than in gateway so you may have a more isolated issue. Personally my speeds are the same in gateway as in bridge.

If wifi was your only problem in gateway mode couldn't you have just placed the router in the area that needed better wifi & used the router in dhcp?

Not ideal but a workaround in the meantime.

Alborze
I plan to stick around

At the moment I don't have any speed tests to post, but I will add it later tonight when I get home from work.  Both WiFi and Ethernet are capped at 100mb and below when the Rogers Modem is put into Bridge Mode, I even had the rogers field tech confirm this and tested it on my desktop, laptop, mobile, his mobile, his laptop, my wife's laptop, he placed the modem in a different room connected to a different wall outlet and same results.  He confirmed it has nothing to do with any of my hardware and is something related to the modem itself/rogers back end command center.  The Rogers Modem had been in Bridge Mode since September 2017, connected to my ASUS AC3100 Router and was working perfectly with very fast speeds, sometimes up to 1.4gbps download and near 50-55mbps upload.  Since the beginning of August, I haven't changed anything, but I am very confident Rogers changed something on their end, the Rogers Modem (which has been swapped 3 times now including one setup by the Rogers Senior Field Tech) all showing the same result, it can't be put into bridge mode or the speed is capped.  They checked all the wires in the house, he tested the outlet from the street to my house, from my house into the basement etc...

Makaveli99
I plan to stick around

How were you getting 1.4gbps download with a 1Gbps nic?

soundwave80
I plan to stick around
On firmware 34t6 I was getting 200 down and 20up , now I'm on 36t4 and get 250 down and 5 up . Also my bufferbloat went from a D grade to an F.
Does a factory reset put me on regular firmware?
I'm also getting packet loss as high as 15%

@soundwave80 if you haven't done it already, restart/reboot the modem.  Pull the power, wait 10 to 15 seconds and plug it back in again to force a restart/reboot.

Edit:  there is a reboot scheduled into a firmware update.  I've always found that an additional "user initiated" reboot, at a minimum should be done.  I believe that the firmware check that is included in the production firmware is turned off for trial builds, so, the factory reset might not do anything at the moment.  I believe thats a recent change, but don't quote me on that on as I very rarely go back to the production firmware version.  For production firmware updates, I usually ran another factory reset to ensure that the modem behaved as it should.  The same idea applies to running a second reboot for trial firmware. 

mcsandy
I plan to stick around

@Datalink @soundwave80

I had the same issue with around 15-20% packet loss & reboot fixed it.

soundwave80
I plan to stick around
Thanks to both of you! , reboot of the modem and router put my upload back up and fixed the packet loss. Unfortunately I'm still getting very high bufferbloat but it was high before the firmware change.

X-Nemesis
I plan to stick around

On 36T4 firmware with the CODA 4582, speedtests are 15ms ping 650D/30U

Prior to the trial firmware I was hitting  6ms ping 900D/30U regularly.

@X-Nemesis please read the following post, which is sitting on the same page, above your current post:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/FEEDBACK-Rogers-Rocket-Wi-Fi-Modem-Firmware-Trial/m-p/...

ablatt
I plan to stick around

Is .36T4 now the production version of firmware for the CODA?  I just got it sent today without asking.

I was on .36T4 for a brief while weeks ago, but had asked to be reverted to .34T6, which I remained on up until today. 

I'm not sure if I'm in the beta program or not.

Makaveli99
I plan to stick around

If you were on 36T4 then you are on the beta program!

Production is 34T6.

You would have asked to be on the beta program and it will be in your sent messages...

@ablatt 36T4 is now the production version

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

@RogersGordon

I rebooted my modem and I am still on 2.0.10.34T6

Not on 36T4.

I was on the beta program before but I had to switch my modem because it was defective.

mcsandy
I plan to stick around

@RogersGordon

Anything new coming along for testing? Been some time since the last update on what was being worked on.

Thanks

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

My Modem just rebooted and now I am on 36T4

Thanks!

ablatt
I plan to stick around
RogersGordon, don't forget to update page 1 of this post to reflect the new production version.

soundwave80
I plan to stick around
Anyone else having issues streaming Amazon Prime video? It pauses for a split second every 30 seconds or so .

What’s the production firmware for the coda

AOD999
I plan to stick around
@lethalsniper 36T4 is production now

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

@RogersGordon

Been a while we haven't heard anything, is DOCSIS 3.1 upload making progress? 

is Rogers working on a new firmware update for the CODA?

hoek
I plan to stick around

I've seen worse download speeds on 2.0.10.36T4.

IPSec bandwidth also still bad.  35 T1 or whatever one that caused that rollback way back was much better for IPSec.