cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

 

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

 

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

 

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,906 REPLIES 4,906

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

CChilderhose
I Plan to Stick Around

Tried 36T4 again last night with @RogersGordon and after Factory Reset speeds were horrible at ~10MB UP/DOWN.  Powered off laptops and then tested again this morning with same firmware.

 

Better results but still not 1GB speeds - 20 MS, 300 DOWN and 30 UP.  The UP is good but the DOWN is still not where it should be for the plan I am paying for - 1GB. 

 

Hopefully I can get this sorted out today and help others.

 

Chris

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

mcsandy
I Plan to Stick Around

 

@lethalsniper

 

What exactly is happening on xbox that leads to to believe performance is worse? Just saying its worse doesn't really help them solve your issue. Is it stuttering? Slow download speeds? 

 

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

I have already mentioned games feel slow / delay and lagspikes since update wasn’t getting any of this when on 34T6 the production firmware

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

How did u get back on 34T6 did a factory reset work ?

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

mcsandy
I Plan to Stick Around

@lethalsniper

 

I am still on the new firmware but I believe they disabled the reset roll back function. So either pm @RogersGordon or try @CommunityHelps They probably can roll you back.

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

CChilderhose
I Plan to Stick Around

@CChilderhose wrote:

Tried 36T4 again last night with @RogersGordon and after Factory Reset speeds were horrible at ~10MB UP/DOWN.  Powered off laptops and then tested again this morning with same firmware.

 

Better results but still not 1GB speeds - 20 MS, 300 DOWN and 30 UP.  The UP is good but the DOWN is still not where it should be for the plan I am paying for - 1GB. 

 

Hopefully I can get this sorted out today and help others.

 

Chris


UPDATE:  Well appears that as of 11AM the speeds went back in the crapper.  I am back at the 10MB down/up again which is odd.  There has to be something in my area being worked on or done to cause this drop from this morning as noted above.  Still waiting for some answers.

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

rjmaxim
I Plan to Stick Around

Totally agree.....You're not the only one. Up speeds have been great at near 50mb.... down not better then 200mb with pings of 15.  Music Streaming drop-offs when using Sonos. My signal strength mostly negative....but Rogers keep telling it's normal and cannot see anything wrong. For last 3 months paying for 1 gb service but not getting anything better than Ignite 150 service. Very frustrating!Smiley Mad  

 

 

 

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

ablatt
I Plan to Stick Around

@Square wrote:

Hello,

 

Can some one help?  My IPv6 disappears after about 1 hour.  When I reboot the modem, it comes back then disappears!   Thank you.


Are you still having any IPv6 issues?

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

JohnBeaudin
I'm a Senior Contributor

@RogersGordon

 

I just got back from my vacation to Toronto to see the RogersCup, That's great news that the whole network will support multi profile within 2 weeks.

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

FITIMS
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersSergio

@RogersGordon

What is the actual current trial firmware version?

 

Based on the Firm Update Report, the current Trial Firmware is 2.0.10.36T2 (July 25, 2018) (released July 25th).

 

Mine at the moment says 2.0.10.36T4 and the experience has been poor! Not-stable at all.

Does the 36T2 going to be pushed? or am I already on the current firmware but the post hasn't been updated?

 

Can someone please shed some light.

 

I am paying for 1 gigabit but getting around 300-500mb/s (something rogers has been hearing forever)...

 

Thanks

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

ablatt
I Plan to Stick Around

It sure seems like since this multi-profile OFDM and the latest 36Tx firmwares rolled out, that the network has slowed down.  Uploads on gigabit used to be fairly consistently around 30 and now they are around 20 quite often.  Ping times which used to be between 10-15 ms. are now often 25-30 ms.

 

 

 

 

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

I’m back on 34T6 and gaming online is back to normal now

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

xenoguy
I Plan to Stick Around

on firmware 2.0.10.36T4 for the CODA.

 

had this happen a couple of times this week.  wireless network disappears, wired connection to the modem can't ping it.  downstream light is flashing.  had to pull the plug on it to reboot it.

 

not sure if this is just a defective unit, or the software for this thing is just incredibly unstable.

 

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

CChilderhose
I Plan to Stick Around

Well still on 36T4 (latest) and network speeds lately have improved over last week.  Now when running speed tests I am getting -

 

25 MS ping, 965 DOWN, 32 UP

 

Much better than last week where things were rock bottom.  Not sure if there were network updates, etc. but things are improving. @RogersGordon

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

rjmaxim
I Plan to Stick Around

@FITIMS wrote:

@RogersSergio

@RogersGordon

What is the actual current trial firmware version?

 

Based on the Firm Update Report, the current Trial Firmware is 2.0.10.36T2 (July 25, 2018) (released July 25th).

 

Mine at the moment says 2.0.10.36T4 and the experience has been poor! Not-stable at all.

Does the 36T2 going to be pushed? or am I already on the current firmware but the post hasn't been updated?

 

Can someone please shed some light.

 

I am paying for 1 gigabit but getting around 300-500mb/s (something rogers has been hearing forever)...

 

Thanks

 

 

 


@RogersSergio @RogersGordon

Current Trial version I believe is 36T4.  Have expressed same concerns for last 3 months.....After V33T3 download speeds and network stability has gone done! (Scarborough South East area). Paying for 1GB service but received barely 250GB. Rogers IS NOT or WILLING to admit network or CMTS issues. With so many of us saying every day that there ARE problems ....it seems we do!  I hope that at least behind the scenes, Rogers and Hitron are putting their best Tech resources together to get this fixed ASAP. I have always liked Rogers...but my patience is running out. We accepted the trials and tribulations since May 2016...and it took over a year to Aug/Sep 2017 to get the CODA tuned and finally giving us 1GB speeds only to regress back to  2016 days. We paid for 1 gb service but accepted the trial pgm ....and put-up with mediocre performance with the expectation that it would be worth it. We have been the testers and pioneers for Rogers foray into Hi-Speed internet with RogersDave.......but after 2.5 years we have NOT made any progress. Pathetic!!......  Rogers it's time to walk the talk get some focus on this and deliver. As you can see from the attached speed tests.....There is a problem with the Roger's server (Note ping and speed)....also there appears to be a Network issue since the download phase is intermittent and cannot complete a full phase.       Speed.jpg     

 

**Image rejected due to IP address**

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

rjmaxim
I Plan to Stick Around

@rjmaxim wrote:

@FITIMS wrote:

@RogersSergio

@RogersGordon

What is the actual current trial firmware version?

 

Based on the Firm Update Report, the current Trial Firmware is 2.0.10.36T2 (July 25, 2018) (released July 25th).

 

Mine at the moment says 2.0.10.36T4 and the experience has been poor! Not-stable at all.

Does the 36T2 going to be pushed? or am I already on the current firmware but the post hasn't been updated?

 

Can someone please shed some light.

 

I am paying for 1 gigabit but getting around 300-500mb/s (something rogers has been hearing forever)...

 

Thanks

 

 

 


@RogersSergio @RogersGordon

Current Trial version I believe is 36T4.  Have expressed same concerns for last 3 months.....After V33T3 download speeds and network stability has gone done! (Scarborough South East area). Paying for 1GB service but received barely 250GB. Rogers IS NOT or WILLING to admit network or CMTS issues. With so many of us saying every day that there ARE problems ....it seems we do!  I hope that at least behind the scenes, Rogers and Hitron are putting their best Tech resources together to get this fixed ASAP. I have always liked Rogers...but my patience is running out. We accepted the trials and tribulations since May 2016...and it took over a year to Aug/Sep 2017 to get the CODA tuned and finally giving us 1GB speeds only to regress back to  2016 days. We paid for 1 gb service but accepted the trial pgm ....and put-up with mediocre performance with the expectation that it would be worth it. We have been the testers and pioneers for Rogers foray into Hi-Speed internet with RogersDave.......but after 2.5 years we have NOT made any progress. Pathetic!!......  Rogers it's time to walk the talk get some focus on this and deliver. As you can see from the attached speed tests.....There is a problem with the Roger's server (Note ping and speed)....also there appears to be a Network issue since the download phase is intermittent and cannot complete a full phase.       Speed.jpg     

 

**Image rejected due to IP address**


Missing Speed chart

Speed.jpg

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

mcsandy
I Plan to Stick Around

@rjmaxim

 

Here's different speed tests to various servers. You have to show more than one server on speedtrst.net as the variance is all over the place. Re-read your msg, your speed to rogers is quite low.speedtest.png

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RyzenFX
I'm a Reliable Contributor

In other news, Intel has finally released a firmware that fixes the DoS vulnerability affecting Puma 5, 6, and 7 chips. Hoping the gateways (CODA-4582, CGN Series) are updated soon with the firmware. @RogersGordon @RogersSergio is Hitron working on a firmware with the fix?

 

Article about the news above: http://www.lightreading.com/cable/cable-modem-cmts/intel-issues-firmware-fix-for-cable-modem-chips-/...

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Square
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I dunno, I'm still waiting for update 39 for the AC modem!  Listed on the 1st page as July 25, yet almost 1 month later and no news whatsoever what's going on!

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

AOD999
I Plan to Stick Around
@Square
There was an issue they found after they did some rollouts. They rolled it back. Apparently it triggered some bad frequent reboot loops

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

aube
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersSergio,

 

Since my CGN3ACSMR as been updated to firmware 4.5.8.39T2 I've been having constant reboots, any chance it can be rolled back to the previous firmware.

 

Thanks.