Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

xuelide
I plan to stick around

Is there any way I can manually set the router to upgrade to the new firmware?

like, reboot the router? or I have to wait for the router automatically doing it itself?

ablatt
I plan to stick around

@RogersGordon

Out of curiousity what does GA mean?

I am still on .34T6, could I please have the new beta pushed to my modem.

Thanks.

@xuelide wrote:

Is there any way I can manually set the router to upgrade to the new firmware?

like, reboot the router? or I have to wait for the router automatically doing it itself?

@xuelide no there is no setting to do this automatically.

G

@ablatt wrote:

@RogersGordon

Out of curiousity what does GA mean?

I am still on .34T6, could I please have the new beta pushed to my modem.

Thanks.

By GA I mean general availability or the production firmware on all devices (not the beta firmware that's tested on the forums).

Not sure why you haven't been updated but if you can PM your MAC i can push it.

G

rjmaxim
I plan to stick around

As mentioned previously...had speeds of 1Gb + up to 3 months ago. Now with 36T4 using Rogers Speed test well below 500Mb. Here are results from various test sites this morning......Rogers is worse with nearest server. Sadly it's also affecting all my streaming services. Rogers cannot seem to identify cause. Any suggestions ?

Speed Test Aug 4, 2018.jpg 

Triple_Helix
I plan to stick around

36T4 is working great here via Ethernet connection!

2018_08_04_11_57_05

2018_08_04_11_55_56

LeaxDash
I've been here awhile

@RogersGordon

Hello, I hope you are having a nice day, can you please check if you can push the 36T4 firmware to my modem? Thanks a lot!

WestPoint
I plan to stick around

new firmware is much better than previous stable betas , getting finaly over 600Mbps on my speed tests, but still not cracking 700 or higher, done 3 tests yesterday and 3 today....

Havnt done much other testing just yet, just going on vacation for a week and wanted to let ppl here know what my results have been since the push, roll back, push, rollback, push that went on for like 2/3 days of my firmware switching back and forth.... 

ALSO noticed the DOCSIS event log cleared itself??? was this from with firmware flash or is it a sign of another issue?

CChilderhose
I plan to stick around

@RogersGordon

Please add me to the list for the new firmware.

Chris

@RogersGordon what has changed with this new firmware ? I find online performance has got worse with this new firmware it was better when on other firmware games feel slow and getting lag spikes now what has changed?

ablatt
I plan to stick around

What happened to Sergio?  After all his posts about commitment to this forum, it seems like he's disappeared.

And what's the story with multi-profile OFDM and how he said it was required at the CMTS before anybody could get .36T2 or .36T4?  It seems everybody who asks now gets it.

And why isn't page 1 of this post updated with new firmware versions/changelogs?  Isn't it somebody's job to do it?

And people who get .36T4 pushed and do a factory reset, now stay at .36T4 instead of reverting to the production version.  Is that the new policy?

I don't know if anybody else is having this problem, but I can only now post to this forum using Safari.  With both Firefox and Chrome I can't log in.

CChilderhose
I plan to stick around

New firmware 36T4 for me downgraded my 1GB service by 10x so it is worse.  Trying to get the 34T6 back on my modem as I cannot work like this for my job at home.

Hoping @RogersGordon gets my PM and reverts me.  🙂

Yea same here playing online with the Xbox one was a lot better before ... I would like to be placed back to my older firmware please this one is not working out for me. I know something has changed please put me back to 36T2 please.

deus
I plan to stick around

I like .36T4 as it ameliorates the DNLA issues I have experienced.

The primary benefit of 36T4 is to allow the modem to change OFDM modulation profile in the presence of RF impairment. It also fixes an upstream utilization issue introduced in 35T1 that caused us to roll back.

G

Hi @ablatt

Sergio has definitely not disappeared but he's working on multiple production issues so we're going to be tag-teaming the firmware program to make sure we can respond in a more timely manner.

Over half of the network now supports multiple profiles and will be completed in 2 weeks so we made the decision to proceed with allowing the new firmware on single profile areas for firmware trial participants only. Even though the full benefit won't be realized until the cmts has complementary multiple profile support, this would still be an improvement to the current implementation because it will allow the modem to drop ofdm more effectively in the presence of impairment and maintain higher throughput.

The changelogs will be updated but no it isn't a direct accountability at the moment. Apologies for the delay.

Upgrade on boot is not current enabled in the config so factory reset will not revert to previous code.

Regarding the forums I believe there are some technical issues with .com right now that there's an open ticket for (I had to use Incognito).

Hope that helps

G

mcsandy
I plan to stick around

@RogersGordon

Still seeing random down scaling to lower resolutions on twitch when the auto quality function is active. It will drop from 1080p to 360p sometimes it gets stuck on 180p. Although now when I force it to 1080p and it no longer buffers like the previous firmware used to. Not a huge issue but just annoying that I manually have to set quality every time I open a stream.  

CChilderhose
I plan to stick around

Got downgraded to 34T6 after terrible speeds on the new firmware which was 10x slower than what 1GB package should be.

Problem now is I am back to not getting 1GB speeds.  Max DOWN is about 300MB and UP is where it should be 30MB.

Completed a factory reset too.  Trying to get some answers now as paying for 1GB service but not getting it for work is not ideal and I will cancel if need be.

@CChilderhose

Even though I am only on the Ignite 150/15 Mbps, I feel your pain....

With the CODA (still on 33T3 fw), it's been almost two weeks since my download speeds plummeted to 10-15Mbps - yet my upload speed is steady at 15Mbps. Tech support continues to state that nothing is wrong with the modem or signal/power levels, and the field escalation office says the node is operating normally. The line between the node and my drop have been ruled out as a factor, as well - so the factors that could be causing the drastic speed drop are decreasing significantly (not even sure whats left at this point). Never should have moved from our Ignite 100 plan back in July.

ablatt
I plan to stick around
Thanks for the detailed response.

can you please put me back to my firmware which I think it was 34T6 or 36T2 please ever since I was placed on this firmware getting nothing but issues when playing Xbox one online ? It’s been almost a week now please and thanks you. Would a factory reset on the modem put me back to 34T6 ? @RogersGordon