FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

@mcsandy

So he can't really push this firmware to all participants yet, because they need to have a network update in the area before they can receive the new firmware?

I Plan to Stick Around

@JohnBeaudin

Yes thats what it appears, Sergio warned if the area isn't updated it could make your modem not work at all to some degree. I assume its outside his control of when that update happens.

@mcsandy

Oh that will certainly delay the update..

I live in New-Brunswick.. @RogersSergio is my area updated or will be updated soon?

It seems that the network change is possibly a CMTS update which enables OFDM multi-profile support.

I Plan to Stick Around

@mcsandythose results look promising.  is that in gateway mode, or bridged with your own router?

I Plan to Stick Around

@xenoguy

That's in gateway mode. In bridge mode Iv always had the same speed as gateway on every firmware so far so I don't bother with it anymore. But my device count on the network is low.

I Plan to Stick Around

@mcsandy  ran the puma6 test, not all green like yours, but maybe a minor improvement?  it's possible the CMTS for my area isn't updated.  or maybe my signal levels aren't as good as yours, and that's affecting it.  the DSL connection I have here is 100% green, no weird latency spikes.  I'm definitely on the 2.0.10.36T2 firmware for the CODA too.

Highlighted
Product Manager
Product Manager

@xenoguy@mcsandy

@xenoguy the CMTS has been updated and your signal looks good and is within spec but @mcsandy levels are a bit better.

Cheers,

RogersSergio

Product Manager
Product Manager

@RyzenFX

I knew you would call me out as soon as I posted that note 😉

In an attempt to get you the more techy response I would like to clarify what should the focus be on?

Are you looking for info on D3.1/OFDM or more about how it's been implemented at Rogers [keep in mind there is only so much i can share :)]

RogersSergio

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersSergio Can i have the firmware pushed to my modem?