FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Hi @RogersSergio

Please include me in the first group for the CODA update (36T2).  You can fire that out to my modem at any time. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Does the update to a newer Intel SDK fix some of the issues reported with the puma 6/7 chipsets?  the CODA-4582 has a puma 7 right?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@xenoguy the 4582 is an Intel Puma 7 modem.  This update will only retain the current Intel SDK.  Its not the next version of the SDK for the Puma 7 modem.  

The Puma 6 and 7 modems are different modems, probably the same conceptual design, but the Puma 7 uses newer generation processors.  The XB6 used by the Ignite TV service is also an Intel Puma 7 modem, in this case, manufactured by Arris.  The CGN3xxx (Puma 6) and 4582 (Puma 7) modems are manufactured by Hitron.  

Intel has been working on both Puma 6 and 7 firmware to correct the observed problems, the bigger question is whether or not Intel has managed to solve all of the latency issues for TCP/IP, UDP and ICMP for both IPV4 and IPV6 for all of the CGN3xxx (Puma 6) modems. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersSergio

Please include me for the first group for the CODA update (36T2).  You can fire that out to my modem at any time. 

Thanks

David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersSergio put me down on the list for both. The AC account I have does suffer that issue often with the wifi dropping and it’s acting as gateway.

My CODA Account is a bridge device and I would look forward to the firmware push as well.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersSergio  please add me to the CODA update (36T2) as well.

Microsoft® MVP Windows Insider - Windows Security
I Plan to Stick Around

put me on the list as well

I'm Here A Lot

Please include me in the firmware trial list.

I Plan to Stick Around

Make sure any new ones follow the instructions here: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Rogers-Rocket-Wi-Fi-Modem-Firmware-Trial/td-p/356671

Microsoft® MVP Windows Insider - Windows Security
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@RogersSergio I'd also like to be put on the list to get .36T2 early. Anytime works. Smiley Happy