FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Product Manager
Product Manager

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

@BS

I understand everyone's frustration both in the code being delivered as of late along with the lack of support on the forums. I know the value everyone brings and I have been, lets say vocal, on both items internally.

We are working hard to get things back on track and I know everyone is tired of hearing it (quite frankly i am tired of saying it). I will continue to be an advocate for everyone on the forum and hound people till we get issues resolved.

With respect to firmware... for CODA devices both beta and regular users are currently on the latest "stable" code (yes i know... funny choice of words Smiley Wink ); 2.0.10.34T6.

RogersSergio

Product Manager
Product Manager

@ablatt

Thank you for flagging a few updates that I missed on page 1, I will keep a closer eye on the updates going forward to avoid mistakes like that in the future.

You are right that there have been challenges in rolling out firmware over the past year (especially on the AC devices).

With all large networks there are a lot of activities and moving pieces and sometimes they don't always work well together. That by no means is an excuse, we do need to get these issues figured out and deliver the fixes and updates impacting our customers and there is no excuses for not doing so in a timely manner.

I will say that we are close to addressing a number of issues and to be completely honest, there are still a number of issues (intermittent issues are very challenging) that are still a work in progress.

I welcome your criticisms and recommendations, any and all feedback helps me drive the message that we need to continuously look to improve.

RogersSergio

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersSergio, @mozerd Why do some of us with CODA devices still have 35T1 and have not been rolled back? When 35T1 personally for me works perfectly.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@RogersSergio

Thanks for the update, Rogers is one of the biggest ISP in Canada and I am pretty sure you guys want to stay competitive and don't want Bell to stay too much ahead, I have confidence that you guys will eventually sort these issues out and improve the quality of your network. We're still a long way from D.1 on upstream, hopefully sometimes in 2019. 

Keep up the hard work, and don't forget to keep us informed once in a while like you just did Smiley Happy

I Plan to Stick Around

@JohnBeaudin Whoever can offer me synchronous Gbit up and down will have my money. Right now bell doesn't have glass in my building so Rogers has the advantage until then or when they have it available.

@AOD999

Same thing, right now Bell's fibre is not offered in my town, however Rogers offer gigabit speed, so I am with Rogers for now, Last I heard Bell will deploy FTTH next year in our town, so it will be a choice to make at that time.

Product Manager
Product Manager

@AOD999@mozerd

Lets pull back the curtain a little... 

With any firmware rollout (or rollback) there are always various factors that affect whether the firmware is able to successfully download to all the devices (network related, turning devices off during upgrades, etc.)

Not to say this is always the case but for beta testers we set your devices to ignore the on-boot upgrades; sometimes this gets cleared over time but if you are one of the individuals that falls into this category and your device may not have been reachable at the time of the downgrade you may still have this firmware.

This firmware does impact the network especially when everyone has the code... when its a smaller number of devices the impacts are much lower... so the push to clean up is lower on the priority list. Since some of you have stated how well it performed we have been a little lax in pushing for completing the cleanup... instead we are focused on getting working code.

Unfortunately pushing this code would add to the problem so we are not able to so at this time.

RogersSergio

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersSergio 

We appreciate you being our advocate but it has been many months without any salient info or results. Downspeeds continue to worsen but Up speeds are holding. This is after the rollback months ago. Still waiting to hear back from promises to investigate. Most of us were willing to pay 100 - 150 for Rogers Gb internet. Then we read the following in Friday's Toronto Star.   

"In June, Bell was offering a gigabit-per-second home internet package with unlimited data for $79.95 in parts of Toronto where its fibre-to-the-home service is available.

About the same time, Rogers dropped the monthly cost for its gigabit service for new customers to $79.99 for 12 months, from $152.99, across its full network in Ontario, New Brunswick and Newfoundland".

My speeds were great 3 months ago and occasionally above 1gb.....now below 300mb but still paying for Gb speed ??

Please speak to Joe Natale and have something done for your loyal customers before they start leaving.

SpeedB.jpg 

Product Manager
Product Manager

I know this has been a long time coming; and I still need to update the firmware tracking post but I wanted to post this as soon as possible.

We have NEW firmware for both CODA and AC devices.

CODA update (36T2) will get us back to the same Intel SDK that we had with the 35T1 (except without the issue that was negatively impacting the network)

AC update (39T2) includes a fix for the WiFi issue where on a device reboot WiFi disappears and needs a reboot to get it back.

To start we will be looking to rollout the 39T2 firmware for AC devices tomorrow; anyone running an ac device that has any time restrictions please let me know else we will look to start our roll out tomorrow into Thursday

I am still clarifying the CODA roll out timelines... if anyone wants to be part of the initial testers please shoot me a note and i will make sure you're at the top of the list.

Cheers

RogersSergio

Highlighted

@RogersSergio

I am very interested to test the new firmware for the CODA as soon as it's available. Thanks for the update.