FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Still on 2.0.10.34T6 not sure if it's just taking a while for the 35T1 version to roll out to everyone in the testing program?

The last couple of mornings the CM rebooted itself.  I'm not sure if it just crashed or what?  the dhcp server still occasionally dies.

I do notice in the port forwarding section, there is a very long list of ports that have been forwarded via upnp.  I guess it just remembers them forever and never clears them out.  my devices seem to just request new sets of ports when they reboot, and the gateway keeps the old rule in place.

I'll probably just run it in bridged mode until i get new firmware to test.  this version is pretty trash since i have to reboot it manually pretty frequently.

one question for other people on the forum.  do any of you condition your power?  I'm wondering if some of the instability is just dirty power, or spikes or dips in the voltage for some reason.

I Plan to Stick Around

@xenoguy

I believe if you pm communityhelps they should beable to push the firmware to you if not you will have to wait till whenever Rogers Sergio comes back. Do you happen to use the DHCP reservation? I was having trouble on one device losing connection when all other devices worked fine.

*Once I removed the manual reservation it stopped losing the connection.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The dhcp server on the CODA is just screwed.  it gave out different ip addresses to the same devices with the same macs.  reservations don't seem to improve anything.  it lists devices as unknown when other times it does know the device name.  it's like someone wrote a dhcp server from scratch as their first coding project.

tired of that, stuck it in bridge mode.  using a dd-wrt router now which works just fine.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

CGN3ROG firmware update 5.8.37T5

After this update it seems my modem has a lot of new features. Seem to be having trouble saving settings now. Has anyone else had problems with saving settings?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

i haven't read anything about this firmware update. Anyone else?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

35t1 firmware cut my upload speeds in half. Also website load times have increased significantly. Kids complaining about being disconnected from Xbox live. Im ready to give up on cable internet .
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@soundwave80

Interesting I'm seeing the exact opposite for me, this firmware is hitting max speed tests during the 5-10 pm hours every time I test. Previous firmware it was all over the place.

Mind sharing your signal levels and maybe some speed tests? What package are you on? Could perhaps be congestion in your area.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@soundwave80 if you haven't done a modem reboot since the firmware update can you do that by running it via the modem's user interface, or, just pull the power plug, wait 10 to 15 seconds and plug it back in to force a restart.  

Is the XBox connected via ethernet or wifi, and if its via wifi, is it via 2.4 or 5. Ghz network?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Datalink 

101/01/1970 00:00:2468000401warningToD request sent - No Response received;CM-MAC=;CMTS-MAC=;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
201/01/1970 00:00:3168000500criticalTFTP failed - Request sent - No Response;CM-MAC=-MAC=a;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
301/01/1970 00:00:3168001101criticalTFTP Request Retries exceeded, CM unable to register
401/01/1970 00:00:1868000401warningToD request sent - No Response received;CM-MAC=;CMTS-MAC=bd:1a;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
501/01/1970 00:00:3168000500criticalTFTP failed - Request sent - No Response;CM-MAC=;CMTS-MAC=;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
601/01/1970 00:00:3168001101criticalTFTP Request Retries exceeded, CM unable to register
701/01/1970 00:01:0482000200criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=;CMTS-MAC=;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
806/08/2018 20:40:0390000000warningMIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=;CMTS-MAC=:1a;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1

Do you know what these errors mean? just disconnected 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I tried the reboot, it didn't help . The Xbox is Ethernet connection. My ping times are around 15-24 ms and jitter is around 12 for what it's worth.