FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

@mozerd wrote:

My current blacklist is blocking over 600 million IP addresses .... and I totally forgot to consider the cable modem as an exception. Smiley Wink

Why are you blocking unroutable IP blocks? those are reserved by the IANA. outbound IP blacklisting seems like a cat and mouse game that is better solved with a good dns resolver.

I Plan to Stick Around

@cflat wrote:

Why are you blocking unroutable IP blocks? those are reserved by the IANA. outbound IP blacklisting seems like a cat and mouse game that is better solved with a good dns resolver.

The following Wiki article explains why specifically:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogon_filtering

The Firewall filter system I deploy by subscription for my clients world wide  [I have clients in 20 countries] operates at wire speed and is far more effective than any other system in keeping the bad guys from penetrating clients Internet space and their local Networks --- based on feedback I have received over the past 3 months.  Check out my website by looking at my sig.

David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call
I Plan to Stick Around

@mozerd wrote:

The following Wiki article explains why specifically:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogon_filtering

yea, for inbound layer 2/3 fw rules you might include those 13 ipv4 cidr blocks. I wouldn't block them for outgoing though - for exactly the reason you experience. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As @DRayEdge indicated, looks like Software Version 2.0.10.35T1 is loading on the CODA-4582s.  Just saw my 4582 update at 12:20 am.  I'm assuming that this is only for Trial Modems at the present time.  Still no release notes posted. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Just got updated to 35T1.

Product Manager
Product Manager

Hi All,

I want to start off by apologizing for not being as active as I probably should be.

I have updated the release notes with the most notable update being an SDK update which further improves packet handling of the device.

I also want to take this opportunity to let everyone know that there is a new version on it's way that looks to fix the OFDM issues we have been experiencing during the D3.1 rollout.

Some customers with the CODA may have been impacted recently and I want to let everyone know we are actively working to get that fixed ASAP.

RogersSergio

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Thanks for the update Sergio, feels good to see you back.

I got updated with the firmware looking forward to test it.

I Plan to Stick Around

Sergio, production firmware is very out-of-date compared to trial firmware on the CODA and CGN3x series of modems.  Is there any plan to roll out new production firmware soon?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@ablatt

I'm seeing 2.0.10.34T6 (April 13, 2018) as the current production firmware on my other none beta account. What do you currently have on yours?

Product Manager
Product Manager

@ablatt

So the Coda devices shouldn't be too far off... they are currently set to 2.0.10.34T6 as the production firmware, and we are starting to roll out 2.0.10.35T1 (in fact I was delayed in rolling it out to the trial devices). 

As for the CGN3x devices... these fall into 2 buckets the CGN3ROG... and all the others.

The CGN3ROG's are on 4.2.4.11 and we are working on a new code but have not yet pushed it out to anyone... a few questions were brought up during testing that we need to confirm before pushing it out.

The other devices are where there is the greatest gap between test and production firmware depending on which model we are talking about.

We are working on fixing that but its taking some time to get that firmware rollout back on track

Regards,

RogersSergio