FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Product Manager
Product Manager

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

For those with one of our AC devices i am rolling out the latest test code 4.5.8.38T5 which adds a small update over the .38T4 code to improve performance/stability of the client we use to communicate with the device. This change is not expected to be customer impacting but we are looking to increase our test pool to make sure 🙂

With the recent challenges we encountered and have resolved with the CODA we are really interested in your feedback on your overall experience with extra attention to the WiFi experience.

Thank you

RogersSergio

I Plan to Stick Around

@Shafeenwrote:

Just got T6 sent to my modem just now - why would you do this during the day?? 

04/13/2018 15:49:2969010100noticeSW Download INIT - Via NMS
1004/13/2018 15:49:5669011100noticeSW download Successful - Via NMS

IIRC, @RogersDave mentioned that firmware flashes for trial participants are during the day so that any issues identified can be immediately addressed by the network team, so that if a rollback needs to occur it can be done so promptly.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Question - I was on 30Mbps and upgraded to 500u. Modem was changed.

Pages would load much faster and the experience for browsing at home was awesome when I was on 30Mbps.

You would expect that moving to 500u, I would get a better experience. I get the speeds (can get 400Mbps on WiFi and 500Mbps on wired), but experience is very poor. Can't load pages, can't search gamil, can't download images on whatsapp , etc...

What is going on here???

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I suspect that there is never a "good time" for a firmware update.  At this point in time, with trial firmware, although I've never seen any rollout issues throughout all of the various versions that I've run for trial purposes, there is always the possibility.  All the more reason to do this during the day when the network and engineering staff are around to resolve any issues.  In a worst case scenario, if something does go wrong, you can always run a factory reset which would result in loading the current network wide version (.28??) I believe.  

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Shafeen can you log into the modem, navigate to the STATUS .... DOCSIS WAN page, copy the downstream and upstream table, all in one go top to bottom, and paste that into a post.  Ignore the data that sits above the Downstream table as that is modem specific and shouldn't be posted in an open forum.  The copy and paste process will paste in the text contents of the table. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Datalink @RogersSergio

Thank you!! I never really considered that you would want the team available incase of mayjor issues and a rollback needed.

But now I will never complain of day time updates again! They are a pain, I lost my Quickbooks Network and a bunch of changes that were being made at the time, but to know it was done with protection and fore thought in mind makes it ok, I guess, lol, at least makes redoing the work not upsetting as much

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@RogersSergio

Initial impressions, but so far the .34T6 firmware is really stable. I did some WiFi throughput testing on my GS7 and I was able to get 84Mbps down and 11Mbps up using the 2.4 band, on the 100u package. On 5G, I was able to get 131Mbps down, 11Mbps up. Both speedtest results is what I should be getting which is a good thing.

I think this release improved the throughput on the 2.4 band as I averaged a slightly lower 50Mbps down on the previous firmware revision.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm on 2.0.10.34T6 since yesterday afternoon.

DHCP reservation table issue is still here. I have 10 entries in the reservation table. 9 appears to be working OK. The last one is random with "DHCP-Reserved" label in Connected Devices list. Is limit of the table?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I switched the order of devices in DHCP table. I moved the last device up and it's working now. The 10th and probably above place in the DHCP reservation table gets random number and listed as "DHCP-Reserved" in Connected Devices.

Hard reboot (5min) is very annoying every time I save changes to DHCP table.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hitron CGN Series Firmware version

Hi, I see on you feedback page that the firmware is now at 4.5.8.38T5 (April 13, 2018). But my modem is still at 4.5.8.33. Why is it the software upgrade not pushed?