FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

@nozielwrote:
Perhaps you may need to factory reset?

Not a good idea. Factory reset will revert all trial participants to 2.0.10.28T2.

I Plan to Stick Around

@nozielwrote:
Perhaps you may need to factory reset?

The moment you do that, you revert to the standard firmware again, thereby proving nothing. 

I'm Here A Lot

I'm on firmware 2.0.10.34T5. So far the firmware seems problem-free. Just ran a few tests on DSLreports and seems like downstream bufferbloat has slightly improved. Have had no disconnections in HoTS in the past two days, so it could be that this new firmware has fixed that problem. 

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/31603542

I Plan to Stick Around

Hello,

I received 4.5.8.38T4 a few days ago.  We had a few power failures today.   About 1 hr ago or 7pm, my modem lost the 5G Wireless connection.   Fixed after a reboot.

Thank you.

I Plan to Stick Around

How are CODA users' upload speed after the recent 2.0.10.34T5 firmware update? I should be getting 10 mbps up, but I've been noticing degrading speed, going as low as 3.5mbps, usually hovering around 5-7mbps using speedtest.net, dslreports, and Rogers speed check. I'm not sure if it's a problem with my area or the modem/firmware. My download speeds are fine. I feel like it may be a firmware issue since I've just recently started noticing my upload speed being poor, and restarting the modem MAYBE fixes it (for instance, last night a few reboots didn't do anything but now just after a couple of reboots I'm getting 9-10mbps up).

I'm also still getting a bug where after a modem reboot, my down speeds are stuck below 5mbps (when they normally are over 100-150mbps). So I usually have to reboot once or twice more and my down speeds go back to normal.

Anyone else having these issues?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Naderntwrote:

How are CODA users' upload speed after the recent 2.0.10.34T5 firmware update? I should be getting 10 mbps up, but I've been noticing degrading speed, going as low as 3.5mbps, usually hovering around 5-7mbps using speedtest.net, dslreports, and Rogers speed check. I'm not sure if it's a problem with my area or the modem/firmware. My download speeds are fine. I feel like it may be a firmware issue since I've just recently started noticing my upload speed being poor, and restarting the modem MAYBE fixes it (for instance, last night a few reboots didn't do anything but now just after a couple of reboots I'm getting 9-10mbps up).

I'm also still getting a bug where after a modem reboot, my down speeds are stuck below 5mbps (when they normally are over 100-150mbps). So I usually have to reboot once or twice more and my down speeds go back to normal.

Anyone else having these issues?

No issues maxing out the 20mbps upload after the recent update. Could be possible node congestion since there's been a lot of new signups of the Gigabit and Ignite 500 tiers because of recent deals.

Can't speak as to the download speeds being pegged either, mine are fine.

I Plan to Stick Around

I need the firmware push to my modem
I Plan to Stick Around

I was testing remote access to my computer and run into difficulties waking up my PC from the Internet. I'm sure this function worked for me in the past. After a bit of fiddling with PC and Coda modem I got to the root of the problem.

When PC is powered off it puts the network card in low power stand by mode. This changes the 1 gigabit port on PC into 10Mbps Half Duplex according to Coda Switch Control in Advanced setting. Looking at Connected Devices in Basic Lan Setup of Coda page I can see my PC for about 30s before it disappears from the list. During this 30s I can still wake up my PC from the Internet using port forwarding rule. After 30s when it's gone from the connected devices table I can only wake it up from LAN side of the network.

PC has reserved IP in DHCP table. Everything works until speed is dropped to 10Mbps and Half Duplex.

At this point Coda is dropping my PC from Connected Devices table and ignoring port forwarding rule. LAN switch side of the modem is working fine pushing Wake up (Magic Packet) to correct port and IP.

This was very handy function. Can we get it back? Coda needs to maintain list of connected devices after change in port speeds down to 10Mbps and half duplex.

I Plan to Stick Around

With Rogers dave gone I don't get these pushed to me as quickly as before.

Who do I PM to get 2.0.10.34T5

I'm Here A Lot

firmware 2.0.10.34T5  having an issue connecting legacy laptop with "802.11 g" adapter to the CODA-4582.