FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Could someone from Rogers confirm the current production firmware of the CODA-4582?

I had particular trouble getting 2.0.10.33T3 pushed to my CODA in the first place, as it wasn't picking up any updates upon countless reboots / factory resets.

After calling in, Tier 1 Tech Support said they did notice my firmware was out of date, but a ticket would have to be created to update it. Upon creating that ticket I was later informed there was a "delay resolving" the issue; after getting in touch with Tier 1 again to inquire about my ticket, I was told my firmware push was on hold because 2.0.10.33T3 is no longer being actively deployed because of Wi-Fi issues.

So I asked the CommunityForums team to push 2.0.10.33T3, and have had no issues whatsoever. Keep in mind when I tried doing a factory reset, the firmware reverted to 2.0.10.28T2, reacting as if the firmware was a trial firmware, so it would appear that 2.0.10.28T2 is the production firmware for potentially my area or (now?) the 1A variant of the CODA-4582U.

(FYI: I am personally now on the T11 trial, so this may have changed in the last 2 days)

Specifically for the engineering team: any plans to push 4.5.8.35T2 network wide for the CGN3AC modems? It seems that it has been in trial for almost half a year now, with great improvements to a current production firmware thats nearing 2.5 years old.

Thanks for all the hard work team!

Highlighted
Product Manager
Product Manager

Hi DavidPC

I apologize for the challenges you have encountered with getting the firmware upgraded on your device.

We have experienced a few challenges with some of our systems which impacted our ability to finalize the update to the 2.0.10.33T3 firmware on boot. Further we identified a Wi-Fi issue with this code; to prevent customers being impacted from being able to self resolve through a factory reset we opted to keep the 2.0.10.28T2 firmware on boot.

We are finalizing the testing on the latest code (thank you for participating in the firmware trial) which we are looking to roll out shortly which will also include an update to the on boot firmware.

As for the AC code... I don't have a good update at the moment... focus shifted and needs to be brought back.

I will do my best to provide updates as we go.

Thank you,

RogersSergio

Highlighted
Product Manager
Product Manager

@Triple_Helix

We don't have any specific timelines to share at the moment but work is ongoing.

Cheers,
RogersSergio

Highlighted

Hello @WestPoint,

I can completely understand your frustration. A stable connection is definitely important. 

If you'd like us to run some diagnostics and potentially dispatch a technician, please send a Private Message to @CommunityHelps when you have a chance.  For more info on our Private Message system, check out this page

RogersShaun

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Rogers,
I think this fall between the cracks 🙂

Can it be confirmed if there are pending issues with DLNA and any works in progress/planned ?

Thanks
Highlighted

Hi @vulture,

My apologies if we missed your previous post.

It would be best to direct your inquiry to @RogersSergio as he might know if the firmware has any issues/fixes with DLNA.

RogersShaun

Highlighted
Product Manager
Product Manager

@vulture

I am not currently aware of any pending issues with DLNA but I am asking the question of our internal teams as well as Hitron to understand if there is anything.

Do you have a specific issue that you are encountering that I can add to my feedback. Any info you can share would be helpful.

Cheers,
RogersSergio

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersSergiowrote:

@vulture

I am not currently aware of any pending issues with DLNA but I am asking the question of our internal teams as well as Hitron to understand if there is anything.

Do you have a specific issue that you are encountering that I can add to my feedback. Any info you can share would be helpful.

Cheers,
RogersSergio

Thanks Sergio for your answer !

I am unable to see anywhere on coda to enable syslog and only able to see docsis events for any diagnostics purpose.

Do we have anyway to access logs on this router ? Maybe then I can provide more details.

Best

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have posted a DLNA issue here detailing how the Hitron modem looses WIFI connection to the Samsung  Smart tv and constantly requires a reboot.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Can-t-get-my-new-smart-tv-to-connect-to-my-wifi-networ...

Highlighted
Product Manager
Product Manager

@vulture

Unfortunately we do not currently allow for syslog captures within the device. I will see if this can be added in the future but for the moment I am sorry to say it does not exist.

Cheers,

RogersSergio