FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

@RogersSergiowrote:

All,

Looking to understand how the 2.0.10.33T11 code soak is going?

Would like to understand if anyone has run into any Wifi or other challenges with this code.

So far there have been a few notes shared that we are looking into but wanted to know if there is anything else that may not have been shared yet.

Thanks,
RogersSergio

Everything is working well here with my Wi-Fi products with this firmware.

Microsoft® MVP Windows Insider - Windows Security
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi,

I would like to know if there will be more firmware updates in the future for the cgn3acsmr, I'm presently on 4.5.8.35.

Thanks

Highlighted
Product Manager
Product Manager

Hi @aube

Although I don't have a specific date when we will have a new version of firmware I can confirm that we do have a new code in the works.

Regards
RogersSergio
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @RogersSergio,

It' good to know, many thanks.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Datalink @RogersDave

OK, so any ideas on what the heck happened to my internet... it dropped and I had to do another manual unplug and reboot of the modem.... it was on and said it had IP, but none of my devices had internet, just intranet, like I could log in to the CODA but not get online even tho it had both IPv4 & 6 address

here are the Docsis Events; its the 16 time outs that worries me...

1203/21/2018 10:52:0884000500criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=*********;CMTS-MAC=*********;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
1303/21/2018 10:57:1482000200criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=*********;CMTS-MAC=*********;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
1403/21/2018 10:57:2082000300criticalRanging Request Retries exhausted;CM-MAC=*********;CMTS-MAC=*********;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
1503/21/2018 10:57:2082000800critical16 consecutive T3 timeouts while trying to range on upstream channel 3;CM-MAC=*********;CMTS-MAC=*********;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
1603/21/2018 10:57:4682000200criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=*********;CMTS-MAC=*********;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
1703/21/2018 10:57:5182000300criticalRanging Request Retries exhausted;CM-MAC=*********;CMTS-MAC=*********;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
1803/21/2018 10:57:5182000800critical16 consecutive T3 timeouts while trying to range on upstream channel 1;CM-MAC=*********;CMTS-MAC=*********;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
1903/21/2018 10:58:0582000200criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=*********;CMTS-MAC=*********;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
2003/21/2018 11:00:1790000000warningMIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=*********;CMTS-MAC=*********;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Highlighted
Product Manager
Product Manager

@WestPoint

Based on the log info I took a quick look at your RF signal levels and your Upstream is too low.
If you would like I can have someone reach out to you in order to perform some troubleshooting on your connection. Worst case a technician may need to be dispatched to fix your levels. Please let me know if you would like me to arrange a call out or if you would prefer calling into Tech Support when you are free.

Not sure of your in home wiring but if you have a splitter between the line coming into the home and the gateway you can try removing it to see if that resolves the issue.

Cheers,

RogersSergio

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@WestPoint@RogersDave has departed Rogers for Hitron.

Looking at the events, I would think that there was some type of cable or CMTS fault.  That would be indicated by the loss of Sync at the top.  The No Ranging Response is from the modem attempting to arrange a maintenance period with the CMTS, and for whatever reason, the CMTS doesn't respond and the modem times out.  It records the event and keeps on chugging, attempting to arrange another maintenance period.  

Here's a couple of links to a short description of the MIMO event:

https://www.speedguide.net/faq/what-does-the-mimo-event-mimo-log-message-mean-393

https://volpefirm.com/top-10-docsis-terms/

Read item #3

I would interpret the event as a loss of the Primary Downstream Channel, which allows the modem to regain communications with the CMTS.  I've seen MIMO events that result in the modem going off-line and recovering and events that have had no effect at all.  I don't know what separates the two groups into a failure group and a non-failure group.  

In your case, something happened.  Maybe it was a one of due to CMTS maintenance?   Hopefully its not a recurring event. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersSergio@RogersBob  any idea when you will turn on DOCSIS 3.1 on the upload channels?

TIA,

Daniel

Microsoft® MVP Windows Insider - Windows Security
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersSergio @Datalink

I would tend to lean towards your answer @Datalink, only because, last year, I had 6 techs out over 4 months, and in that process they replaced EVERY piece of cable, from my modem, to the ONLY splitter, outside in the gray box on the sisde of my house, and then accross my yard, and down the street to the junction, and I watched him do it, because by the last guy, I was fed up and wanted answers to my signal drops.

If there is anything that can be checked now, I would love to have a tech come out again, and make sure that everything is good and that the connection at the junction is good and what not, but I dont think cable replacement or splitter replacement/removal is needed, possibly the connection ends are loose outside or at the junction, or as you said @Datalink could be maintainence, but I would really like an answer, because to get those errors means a sustained lost connection, and Im really not looking for that kind of service, I'll upgrade to Fibe Direct into my home with Bell, for the same price I have with Rogers, before I pay for dropping signals much longer. Sorry if thats abit rude, but ive just about had it with this modem.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi folks,

Not sure if anyone else seem to observe similar issues with dlna however I seem to have sporadic disconnects between my pc and tv.

In a nutshell, I did restart the pc and tv couple times to see if this would  help with no luck. I rebooted the coda-4582u router instead and right away dlna stream was back between pc and tv.

Rogers, can we view if dlna support on routers up to date with latest beta T11 ?