Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

mozerd
I plan to stick around

@RogersBob

Please put me back on firmware .33T3

David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call

@mozerd are you back on 33T3 ?

mozerd
I plan to stick around
Nope, hopefully soon,
David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

@lethalsniper @mozerd

Funny thing, I played lots of online games( including lag senstive games such as CSGO) and my ping is fine on T03

The fact that you guys have higher latency in online gaming is something that the dev team will have to figure out.

@RogersBob will likely answer you tomorrow since it's Monday.

mozerd
I plan to stick around
I just noticed that mu Cable signals have deteriorated so I suspect that it may not be the firmware. Perhaps @RogersBob will check ...

They re-cabled from the box to my house in February 2017 and hung the cable on my fence where its been all along -- they never buried it .... so its very possible that may need to be redone.
David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call

@RyzenFX is your brother still experiencing more lag with this new firmware T03 like me ?

Could those that may be experiencing issues please PM me with your modem mac address?

@RogersBob where is the MAC address located ?

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

@lethalsniper

It's located in 192.168.0.1 and also under your modem.

TFM_Jeff
I plan to stick around

I've got the CODA-4582U with FW 2.0.10.33T3 and over the past two weeks I've experienced some weird disconnects. We've had constant snow since December, so I was chalking it up to weather, as my friend who lives down the street experiences disconnects usually around the same time, so there's something up with the area.

However, every evening for the past week or so, my friends and I create a party chat on PS4 and within the hour I get NAT issues with both of them. I leave and rejoin and all is well for about an hour then again, NAT issues. Not every time, but mostly when this happens I receive a notification that the LAN cable has been disconnected. The net APPEARS to be fine, other than a quick disconnect. Occasionally when this happens I look at the modem and the 5G symbol is off, and when it comes back on (just a few seconds) that's when I can rejoin the PS4 party. It's becoming increasingly annoying. I was thinking about swapping modems but a few pages back I read some posts about people getting disconnected randomly. My PS4 is set up properly with the modem and it's usually fine, bar from the past week or so.

Mythen
I plan to stick around
I experience this exact same thing. All activity stops on the modem for a few seconds and both wifi lights go out. All comes back on extremely annoying. Lol

@RogersBob can I please put back to 33T3 I have also noticed my upload has dropped as well and increased ping. I have sent you 2 new PM @RogersBob @Datalink if I was to factory reset my modem would it go back to 33T3 ? Thanks.

mozerd
I plan to stick around

@JohnBeaudin wrote:

@lethalsniper @mozerd

Funny thing, I played lots of online games( including lag senstive games such as CSGO) and my ping is fine on T03

@JohnBeaudin

So I went back to .33T3 and found that my Latency was worse than .33T03 ..... so I have asked @RogersBob to put me back on .33T03 ..... sure hope that "they" sort this out soon .... the CODA beta has been running a very long time now much longer than I thought it would ever be. Smiley Sad

David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call

CODA MODEM.. Having Problem accessing my network.

Hello Everyone,

First thing first, when the white hitron modem was introduced I was among the first one to exchange it and I remember the CODA modem had issues accessing the SMB network and I think it was due to IPV6 disabled option .

So I joined the firmware trial option and got everything running very quickly as the new trial was quickly updated.

Well its been almost a year and a half ... everything's been working fine but in the last few weeks I updated my windows 10, my android tv , my apps and now I can't access my shared drives again.

neither can I access the windows on the android tv and vice versa...

after working on windows setting I did manage to make it work but only some folders were accessible and today everything stopped working again...

i'm going to reset my windows 10 tonight and hopefully everything will be working again. 

But what I want to know is am I still on the trial firmware or the official firmware.. because it looks like i'm on trial but it never uploaded anything new from few months.. my modem shows i'm on 2.0.10.28T2

if the modem's firmware hasn't been upgraded then this is definitely the windows issue. but if its a known issue again is there's an option to revert to original firmware

colton30
I plan to stick around

finally got around to testing the firmware out, getting a lot better performance on the 5G then i did previous, on the stable release i was getting around 300 mpbs max now getting over 600 mpbs with my cell phone about 30 feet away with a wall in between also getting great max speeds of around 924 pretty consistent 

@colton30 924 Mb/s via wifi or wired?  Just want to be sure, but I'm assuming wired at this point. 

@DjSingh after the Windows 10 update, did you remap the shared drives, or, confirm that after the update, that the shared drive locations were the same as prior to the update.  Even if they were, I'd be tempted to remap the drives.  I don't have much faith in Microsoft managing to retain all of the previous settings, including mapped drive locations and come out of the update with everything working as it should.  Sounds simple in theory, but ......

Hi @Datalink,
yeah apparently the new update disable the smb1 protocol and enable the new ones and the software i'm using is still on the smb1 protocol that's why I couldn't see my share folders.

now it works but I still don't see my pc in a homegroup but if I go manually and enter the ip address I can acess my files which is alright and which definitely won't be a router problem.

But like I said in my previous post... it seems like i'm not on a recent firmware do you think I should get it updated or stay on the current firmware.

colton30
I plan to stick around
yes wired

blues_clues
I plan to stick around

@Datalink wrote:

@DjSingh after the Windows 10 update, did you remap the shared drives, or, confirm that after the update, that the shared drive locations were the same as prior to the update.  Even if they were, I'd be tempted to remap the drives.  I don't have much faith in Microsoft managing to retain all of the previous settings, including mapped drive locations and come out of the update with everything working as it should.  Sounds simple in theory, but ......

On Windows 10, check your network profile and turn on network discovery for "private" connection.  You wouldn't want that on for "public".

@DjSingh here's a microsoft reference page that I came across this evening regarding SMBv1 on Windows 10:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4034314/smbv1-is-not-installed-windows-10-and-windows-serve...

Personal opinion, I would try to sort out the Samba issues with .28 loaded first, and then move up to .33T3.  If you manage to sort out all of the issues first, then moving up to .33T3 should be ok, unless there's changes in .33T3 that I'm not aware of that would affect Samba usage.