Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

hoopdogg
I plan to stick around

@WestPoint  I have not lost connectivity in 3.5days since I put modem directly into wall outlet.  I had been routinely dropping WAN at least 3 times per day in 2 weeks prior to that, so despite it sounding like voodoo it seems to have worked.

WestPoint
I plan to stick around

@hoopdogg Wow.... thats crazy..... well its not the thing causing my issue, because my modem has always been plugged directly into my outlet in my office, and its alone in a corner, and all my hubs and switches are using other outlets, its acctually the only item on this particular outlet except my WD USB HDD that is plugged into my modem for network sharing and storage, but theres no way a 2TB HDD power supply could cause interfearance enough to consistantly and completly devistate a wifi signal, not with both directly into the two outlets on a wall.... If this is the case tho, and my HDD is potentially kicking my WAN out, Rogers is saying everyone neeeeds to give a fully dedicated home outlet to their modem in order for it to function correctly? thats a bit extreme and just non-sense in my mind, I think

Im more instinctual to think its still a FW issue, since others have also noted experiencing it, and I know a few friends personally who are still getting lots of intermittancy issues, WAN in particual, as most of them dont have a LAN setup at all or only 1 or two devices, but they are also not part of the beta trail.... but there are too many alarm bells ringing out FW or Network capacity issue or local S_Hub issues or possibly even slighlty damaged by weather, and un-noticed cabling, either above or below ground, that has gone un-diagnosed and therefore unrepaired, which could could be spread across the country in random areas, or a main linkage line thats hurting everyone at random....

These too many variables for an outsider to speculate very well where the issue is.

Im coming to take from the lack of consistant communications about further issues and firmware updates affored to the CODA being the problem, that its looking more and more like it is not a FW issues, and that is quite possible they are looking into some of the areas I have noted above as the possible reasons some people are having these issues and could be working on repairs and/or upgrades to stabailze the system for everyone. But between the weather and holidays and political "unsteadyness", if they are working on a network issue itself, Rogers probably isnt looking to fix the issues quickly, as cost and other potential factors may be greater if undertaken at this point in time, as upossed to after say in 6 or 8 months, after NAFTA negotiations with the USA are more clear, the value of the CA dollar comes up abit again, cost of materials and import fees may drop, and the weather is warmer. The costs to undertake any mayjor network upgrades or such would be greatly deminished then and would be of no consequence to them to wait, excet to upset a hand full of us customers, us, that keep on them about the issues.

And there arent many people willing to come here to complain and post anymore, I myself can barely find the time, and I work from home. And personally, even as a beta tester, I dont feel I should have to tell them myself, constantly, whats going on. There MUST be more info recorded when somthing goes weird with the WAN than what can be seen by myself in the CODA admin menu in gateway mode. Rogers MUST beable to see that all of a sudden, the IP address of every wifi device is lost and then replaced with incorrect, out-of-range, IP addresses. and if there is no log, thats kinda not good, since simple programs like WireShark keeps an amazing log of all network activity and therefore the idea isnt new or difficult to achieve. The problem with WireShark is, is that I must leaving it running, again myself, and monitor it until the network goes crazy to get any answer myself. But thats Rogers job in my opinion, and if Rogers has a log, why cant they open these logs and find out whats going on???? And if they dont, they should add a log program as part of the Beta agreements, and have it email or transfer data daily to the beta team to decifer and look for issues and inconsistancies. They not only own the modems in 99% of cases, I doubt anyone buys their modem, but they also have our direct permission thru the beta to bassically do what ever they want when ever they want. So why arent they?? My Opinion. Politics and Cost. If it was the CODA FW, Hitron and Rogers would be going full tilit to defend their product and fix it ASAP and just flash everyone the new FW.

RyzenFX
I'm a reliable contributor

@JohnBeaudin wrote:

Now that we are in 2018, do we have an ETA on D3.1 Upload release? Been waiting so long for this one! @RogersDave

@JohnBeaudin We're not sure at this point. Dave did say Q1 of this year, but he wasn't sure due to issues that were delaying the project. I would keep your eyes out on Jan 25 regarding any announcements that would be made regarding changes coming to the network such as the launch of the X1 IPTV product.  Also, there could possibly be a new firmware drop for the CODA-4582 this month with more fixes.

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

@RyzenFX

I will be looking forward to Jan25 for the announcements! 

WestPoint
I plan to stick around

@Datalink @RogersDave @CommunityHelps

I've notice no one direct from Rogers has posted anything in 3 weeks, Im hoping its because they're hard at working trying to fix things, but just curious why no comments or questions to us about anything. Also;

I wanted to post my recent docsis logs here, just incase they help with the wifi disconnect issues, they are becoming very feqquent, especially mid afternoon, guarunteed to go out at least twice every day after 1pm before 10pm.... Im not seeing anything directly responsible in the docsis log, or anything even leading towards the issue as the log times and events dont co-encide with the events in real time, like, after it corrects itself, or I log in with my wired computer, there is no new event for my somtimes upto 10min wifi disconnect.

I havnt taken a sheetshot, keep forgetting too on my laptop, but every time, the IPv6 address goes nutz, way out of range, and most the time I loose Ipv6 completely. Occationally, IPv6 seems to stay, but I have no way to check if its "in range" and I can somtimes force my laptop onto a static IP like 192.168.0.106 to get it back in range, and Ill get the network back for a while, but even that will eventually say network connection, but no internet, and then i put it back on Auto, it goes to a rnadom thing, I get ***** off, and go to my desktop, login, and reboot the modem.

Anyways, hope any of that helps, heres my docsis logs;

DOCSIS Logs

The DOCSIS event logs is shown here

No.

Time

Type

Priority

Event

12/30/2017 12:57:25

critical

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

01/01/2018 10:41:35

warning

Lost MDD Timeout;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

01/01/2018 13:15:04

warning

MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

01/01/2018 13:15:09

warning

RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

01/04/2018 13:15:03

error

DHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

01/04/2018 20:29:54

critical

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

01/10/2018 13:15:09

error

DHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

01/10/2018 19:30:12

critical

01/10/2018 22:03:42

warning

MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

01/10/2018 22:03:47

warning

RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

01/12/2018 21:08:38

warning

01/12/2018 21:08:43

warning

01/14/2018 21:08:36

error

01/15/2018 14:08:56

critical

01/15/2018 21:08:36

error

01/16/2018 09:41:13

warning

01/16/2018 09:41:18

warning

01/16/2018 12:13:20

critical

01/19/2018 15:24:54

error

01/22/2018 11:19:08

warning

@WestPoint@RogersDave is departing, or has departed Rogers, outbound for Hitron.  I haven't received any word on his replacement, or if in fact there will be a replacement.  My personal opinion is that being able to engage the engineering staff thru the forum has been very beneficial to the end users.  I would really hate to see that come to an end 😞

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Rogers-Community-Forums-Blog/Farewell-to-RogersDave/bc-p/415038...

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

Reading about the departure of @RogersDave was the saddest news I've heard since I am a Rogers customer, it was indeed an amazing experience for us end users.

Hopefully he will be replaced, we can only hope.

RyzenFX

Just curious, did anybody in the trial program get pushed with firmware 2.0.10.33T03 today? Previously I was on firmware 2.0.10.33.T3, but I'm not really sure if there is any difference between these two firmware revisions. 

Yup, showing that version here as well. 

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

Mine is still showing 10.0.33T3

It's been a while since we have received official information from Rogers, ( I believe last update from Dave was in November).

@RogersBob

Do you have anything to share with us?

Is the D3.1 Upload rollout set to begin soon?

Are we testing new beta firmwares for the CODA? if so are they going to be released soon?

John,

blues_clues
I plan to stick around

I received the T03 push around 5:00pm.  Thanks for that.  Well, right off the bat I can say that this version fixed some GUI issues from previous updates. Previous updates would require me pulling the plug on the modem and plugging it back in to get back into the GUI.  No such issues this time around.  Now off to some wireless performance and security testing, especially wireless MAC and DEVICE filtering issues that has plagued me during this beta program.

@JohnBeaudin - As for OFDMA on the upstream, I promise you we're working hard on ironing out all the kinks, unfortunately I cant share details beyond "We're working on it." 🙂 

As for new Coda firmware, will be pushing new FW to a much larger group of beta testers in the next day or so.

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

Thanks for the update @RogersBob

I just received a couple hours ago 2.0.10.33T03 (previously on 2.0.10.33T3).

@JohnBeaudin . 😉

AOD999
I plan to stick around
Can I get this pushed to mine as well?

Alex4161
I'm a senior contributor

Where was the announcement that @RogersDave is no longer here?

@RogersBob is there anyway you can put me back the previous firmware which I think it was 33t3 this new I got today 33t03 causing higher pings when gaming online

@RogersBob what has changed from 33t3 to 33t03

RyzenFX
@RogersBob
@lethalsniper seems to be correct with the 33T03 firmware introducing more lag than usual when playing online. My brother seems to be complaining about the lag ever since the firmware update so if you can, I'd like to be pushed back to. 33T3.

I have messaged @RogersBob but he hasn’t got back to me yet.