FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Just an update for @RogersDave

Looks great, .33T3, alot of my issues have gone away, however, its still giving me some issues that are oddly strange, for instance, Im occationally disconnected from Netflix servers for sometimes, upto 5min at a time.... I can browse fine in my browser, but every episode I click on I get a No Network error, even if I was in the middle of an episode, itll stop, and ill do absolutly NOTHING to the computer or network, but at somepoint, ill click to resume, or another show, and bam, all good and fine for a while...

Anyways, was just a note to pass along, and see if anyone else has been expreiencing it on 33T3.

As for me, my CODA looks great, 

WAN Up Time010 days 04h:34m:30s

but still some DOCSIS Events over that time, not sure if they relate with my netflix issues, didnt record times unfortunatly.....

1511/09/2017 13:09:0590000000warningMIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=******;CMTS-MAC=******;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
1611/11/2017 08:57:1082000200criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=******;CMTS-MAC=******;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
1711/12/2017 14:50:3390000000warningMIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=******;CMTS-MAC=******;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
1811/19/2017 18:39:5768010300errorDHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=******;CMTS-MAC=******;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
1911/20/2017 16:40:5682000200criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=******;CMTS-MAC=******;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
2011/22/2017 18:39:5768010300error

DHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=******;CMTS-MAC=******;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

Thanks again fro all your work, everyone on the Rogers team

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@jeff77 Question about your Chorme Cast issue... cuz I had an issue before, a while ago with mine, and I dont have any of the problems now, and it had NOTHING to do with the modem security settings, well not really.

My question is, are you trying to connect your Chrome Cast on your 5G wifi or 2.4?

Sounds ridiculous, but 5G wont work, and thats Chome Casts fault, not Rogers or the modem.

Took me MONTHS to fix mine, almost thru my FOUR chromes casts out and was going to buy Amazon Fire Sticks or somthing else, but then I found an obscue thread online about the issues, and tried my 2.4 instead, and no more issues since, use mine every single night.

And also, I doubt Rogers would ever intentionally change any security settings to stop any devices, especially a GOOGLE device, from connecting, it would be somthing on the devices end, software or somthing, causing the issue.... They are partnered with Google on the Google Home right now, and I doubt they would risk anything with that for any reason, security or anything, they would just ask Google to update their software to work with the new security, as they should be doing either way.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I am having the same sort of issues some of you are having. 33T3 seem to be stable but I am having events as well (see logs below)

1411/20/2017 00:36:4682000200criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=*****;CMTS-MAC=*****;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
1511/20/2017 13:53:3968010300errorDHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=*****;CMTS-MAC=*****;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
1611/20/2017 19:49:5382000200criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=*****;CMTS-MAC=*****;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
1711/21/2017 22:40:0890000000warningMIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=*****;CMTS-MAC=*****;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
1811/22/2017 16:06:0782000200criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=*****;CMTS-MAC=*****;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
1911/22/2017 22:40:0468010300errorDHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=*****;CMTS-MAC=*****;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
2011/22/2017 22:43:0090000000warningMIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=*****;CMTS-MAC=*****;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

First my setup:

I am using the Coda connected to my C7 Archer via LAN to WAN connection. The Coda IP is 192.168.0.1 while the C7 is 192.168.1.1. I had DHCP setup for the Coda at 192.168.0.10 to 192.168.0.100 while the C7 is setup from 192.168.1.101 to 192.168.1.199

What I cannot seem to figure out is why my wifi from the Coda drops out from all my devices and a reboot is necessary to get the wifi connected again (but will drop out again after a few minutes). The wifi from the C7 is stable though except for the last few days which seem to correspond to the event log from the Coda.

Hopefully somebody from the forum will be able to help me out. Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I'm not a tech type of person so I don't know the tech talk.
I was suggested from one person from chrome cast that probably knows his stuff because what he suggested solved all my problems.
The solution for me and my modem was to request Rogers to factory reset my modem and guess what all problems solved from months of calling and talking and chrome cast not working now I have been using chrome cast flawlessly for months.
Sorry maybe we have different issues or different models of modems.
Hope you find a solution soon or get connected to someone either from Rogers or chrome cast that can help.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Also I don't know anything about 5g or 2.4 stuff. I just called Rogers and asked them to reset back to default setting on my modem... problems solved.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@ayosnato wrote:

First my setup:

I am using the Coda connected to my C7 Archer via LAN to WAN connection. The Coda IP is 192.168.0.1 while the C7 is 192.168.1.1. I had DHCP setup for the Coda at 192.168.0.10 to 192.168.0.100 while the C7 is setup from 192.168.1.101 to 192.168.1.199

What I cannot seem to figure out is why my wifi from the Coda drops out from all my devices and a reboot is necessary to get the wifi connected again (but will drop out again after a few minutes). The wifi from the C7 is stable though except for the last few days which seem to correspond to the event log from the Coda.

Hopefully somebody from the forum will be able to help me out. Thanks in advance.

Is there a special reason why you are not using the CODA in bridge mode if you have the C7?  Double NATing, multiple subnets, plus having 4 radios active means you need to ensure your radio channels are not interfering with each other.  Serving up two subnets can also cause issues if your clients roam to the other subnet while being connected to host sessions on the internet.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi,

@blues_clues Thanks for the reply. Main reasons for this are as follows:
1. I want to have wifi coverage on a larger area of the home
2. I have ethernet hookup throughout the house so the ports are connected to the Coda (as well as my Ata adapter for voip) and I use the C7 ports for my entertainment units (ie Apple Tv)
I was thinking of using a hub but thought I woukd kill 2 birds with 1 stone by using 2 routers and creating a subnet.
This setup has worked for years with the older Rogers modem but when I switched to the Coda I started having the issues.
Any input on how to best tackle this would be appreciated though.
I am also going to try Lan to Lan instead of Lan to Wan in case it fixes my issues.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

What's so great about this firmware? With this firmware, I get at least one disconnect and one ping spike in each HoTS game.  Firmware .28T2 had noticeably better gaming performance and I didn't have any random reboot issues when I was on firmware .28T2.  I haven't noticed any improvements with these new firmware releases? 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@ayosnato wrote:
Hi,

@blues_clues Thanks for the reply. Main reasons for this are as follows:
1. I want to have wifi coverage on a larger area of the home
2. I have ethernet hookup throughout the house so the ports are connected to the Coda (as well as my Ata adapter for voip) and I use the C7 ports for my entertainment units (ie Apple Tv)
I was thinking of using a hub but thought I woukd kill 2 birds with 1 stone by using 2 routers and creating a subnet.
This setup has worked for years with the older Rogers modem but when I switched to the Coda I started having the issues.
Any input on how to best tackle this would be appreciated though.
I am also going to try Lan to Lan instead of Lan to Wan in case it fixes my issues.

Use the CODA as primary gateway and connect LAN to LAN with C7.  Turn off NAT, DHCP, and FW on the C7.

One important thing to remember is to NOT assign 192.168.0.2  to the C7 router for access.  Use any other static address outside the range of the DHCP scope. The CODA already uses this address, probably for bridging wireless to Ethernet.  For wireless, do a scan for available channels in your space.  Different areas of the house will have different db levels of signal strength for both radio bands, 2.4Ghz and 5.0Ghz.  For the router you want the best wireless performance, assign channel 149 to the 5GHz radio band.  That is assuming your neighbor is not using it at a db level greater than yours.  The wireless survey tool on the CODA works well and you can always use a PC running a wireless scanning tool.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@blues_clues thanks for the additional information. My plan was to try Lan to Lan this weekend and will make sure that I configure both systems as per your recommendations.