FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 98

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

The best so far for me...on 33T2..and no I am not running any VPN or any other router...just the CODA

 

System TimeTue, 07 Nov 2017 22:43:27
Time ZoneUTC-05:00 Colombia, Eastern Time, Indiana(East)
LAN Up Time003 days 12h:10m:04s

 

Also is it just me or is everyone facing an issue logging into the forum? Everytime I try to it will load My Rogers and it will just keep on loading...once in a while  I can log in

I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 78

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

For forum login problems, you can follow this thread.

 

Some people report modem reboots here, but they in fact may be caused by line disconnects or be signal drops, when your modem can't connect to CMTS, and at some points may even reboot to restore connection (see examples). I had such connection drop today for 10 min, with numerous Critical events in DOCSIS Events log around the same time. So login to your modem, and check what events in the log were followed by modem reboot event. It may have nothing to do with firmware, but rather with your CMTS maintenance or being too busy to reply to your modem requests on time.

 

Also don't forget that FW issues are not limited to reboots, there may be other problems you experience. Just look at your modem log and report here any critical issues, especially if associated with some physically observed problems. Also don't forget to look at your own router log, as it may be causing you grief rather than Rogers modem.

I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 13

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

So.... still on .33T2   (CODA-4582). See log below. After @RogersDave pushed the .33T2 firmware update to a small group of us on Nov. 1, there were about 3 random reboots over the next 1.5 to 2 days. Only one of these reboots was reflected in the DOCSIS Event log. Then for almost 5 days, there were no reboots (although the log shows a few errors and warnings during that time). A few hours ago, the WiFi (2.4G) froze. Within a few minutes, WiFi was available, but wasn't accepting the correct password. Power cycling the modem brought everything back (see the last entry in the event log).

 

11/01/2017 12:57:08   69010100   notice   SW Download INIT - Via NMS

11/01/2017 12:57:35   69011100   notice   SW download Successful - Via NMS

11/02/2017 10:56:55   90000000   warning   MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=xx;CMTS-MAC=xx;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1

11/05/2017   05:29:25   82000200   critical   No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=xx;CMTS-MAC=xx;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1

11/05/2017   11:58:33   68010300   error   DHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=xx;CMTS-MAC=xx;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1

11/06/2017   01:33:03   82000200   critical   No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=xx;CMTS-MAC=xx;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1

11/07/2017   11:58:35   68010300   error   DHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=xx;CMTS-MAC=xx;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1

11/07/2017   22:03:56   90000000   warning   MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=xx;CMTS-MAC=xx;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1

 

I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 315

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial


@arnym21 wrote:

For forum login problems, you can follow this thread.

 

Some people report modem reboots here, but they in fact may be caused by line disconnects or be signal drops, when your modem can't connect to CMTS, and at some points may even reboot to restore connection (see examples). I had such connection drop today for 10 min, with numerous Critical events in DOCSIS Events log around the same time. So login to your modem, and check what events in the log were followed by modem reboot event. It may have nothing to do with firmware, but rather with your CMTS maintenance or being too busy to reply to your modem requests on time.

 

Also don't forget that FW issues are not limited to reboots, there may be other problems you experience. Just look at your modem log and report here any critical issues, especially if associated with some physically observed problems. Also don't forget to look at your own router log, as it may be causing you grief rather than Rogers modem.


@sorry but I have to disagree as the default Firmware doesn't make the modem reboot like .33 and .33T2 so hopefully @RogersDave and Hitron can find the issue and correct it.

Microsoft® MVP Windows Insider - Windows Security
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 77

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Love BRIDGE Mode -- very stable with .33

22days.GIF

David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 78

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial


@Triple_Helix wrote:


@I have to disagree as the default Firmware doesn't make the modem reboot like .33 and .33T2 so hopefully @RogersDave and Hitron can find the issue and correct it.


I'm just saying on the last few pages were seldom reports about actual FW issues, but what was perceived as "modem reboot", whether it was in fact reboot or not, and regardless what was causing the issue observed (or not observed, but seen in the log). For example, many reported

"90000000   warning   MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=xx;CMTS-MAC=xx;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1"

event, but this event is in fact Modem Reset upon receiving a new config file from CMTS. Would you classify it as FW bug? Smiley Happy It usually happens on manual reboot by pressing Reset button,  or CMTS periodically pushing a default config for the member sub, while modem is running the trial FW config, so there is a mismatch causing modem reset upon config update.

 

Not every perceived issue a subscriber might face or doesn't observe but presume happening is "modem reboot" or related to trial FW. What I suggest is to post detail logs, so we all can observe and learn whether there was a problem, and what if anything caused it. Also, pls explain, what log events do you classify as "modem reboot" and link to defective trial FW? Smiley Wink

I'm a Regular
Posts: 859

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Just curiosity what companies do repairs for rogers ? Reason for asking we are expecting to get our area fixed this month due to speed degration causing us to slow down during peak times. They have started digging but I don't know if it's for rogers or bell. I do see some pylons saying Telecom , confra ?
I'm a Reliable Contributor
Posts: 580

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

@arnym21

 

Dave and Hitron are already aware that there is a reboot issue with firmware .33 and .33T2. The MIMO event in the DOCSIS logs is there to indicate that yes, the modem did infact reboot, but NOT because it received a new config file from the CMTS. There is an underlying issue causing the modem in .33 and .33T2 to reboot for some reason. 

 

With that being said, my 6 day uptime streak has ended as the modem ended up rebooting. My new LAN uptime is:

 

LAN Up Time000 days 12h:58m:57s

 

 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 315

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial


@RyzenFX wrote:

@arnym21

 

Dave and Hitron are already aware that there is a reboot issue with firmware .33 and .33T2. The MIMO event in the DOCSIS logs is there to indicate that yes, the modem did infact reboot, but NOT because it received a new config file from the CMTS. There is an underlying issue causing the modem in .33 and .33T2 to reboot for some reason. 

 

With that being said, my 6 day uptime streak has ended as the modem ended up rebooting. My new LAN uptime is:

 

LAN Up Time000 days 12h:58m:57s

 

 


Right! Smiley Wink

 

LAN Up Time	000 days 04h:16m:41s
Microsoft® MVP Windows Insider - Windows Security
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 78

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial


@RyzenFX wrote:

Dave and Hitron are already aware that there is a reboot issue with firmware .33 and .33T2.

  

 


The guy above your post said he manually reboot the modem. Yet you ignored his report and the linked SpeedGuide info, instead saying the MIMO event namely identifies "modem reboot" of unknown cause. Even that's fine with me, except one thing: are there any other issues with CODA FW apart from "modem reboot"? Suppose "Dave and Hitron" found and fixed the bug(s) causing periodic reboots - will that be the end of FW development, or it has some other problems you observe? If "yes", how they correlate with your internet use pattern? Smiley Happy