Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RyzenFX
I'm a reliable contributor

Same, I've noticed my modem reboot twice in a row since the update to .33. Judging from the number of reported reboots on this version, it should not be released network-wide. Nevertheless this firmware does achieve in improving OFDM stability but I'm hoping that the next firmware release by Hitron will be much more stable. 

hwshi
I've been around

I have a CODA-4582 on trial firmware 33 and am having far too many issues with wifi, how do I get off the trial firmware? Will resetting the device do it? Am concerned of going through the hassle then getting the trial firmware pushed to me again.

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

@RogersDave

There is definitely a reboot issue on .33.

It started with once a day, to twice a day and now it's a couple time a day, modem will just reboot on it's own.

In term of stability it's better and other than the reboot issue much more stable than previous firmware version.

So like RyzenFx mentioned I would not upgrade .33 network wide until the reboot issue is fixed.

mozerd
I plan to stick around

@RogersDave

My CODA 4582 has been very stable since .33 --- latency has improved on my node especially for gaming and generally but that could also be partially attributed to my MikroTik CCR1009.

I have rebooted it a couple of times since I changed Routers from EdgeMax to MikroTik  [back and forth] and have not seen one reboot over the past 5 days. So this reboot issue some are complaining about must be specific to the node one must be on.

David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

@mozerd

The reboot issue was not present at all on previous firmware. and the fact that more than one user experience the reboot issue especially on different location, it's likely more than just a node issue.

mozerd
I plan to stick around

@JohnBeaudin

You may be right .... I failed to mention that my CODA is in bridge mode. .... in gateway mode the network equation for the CODA changes dramatically because of the level of complexity inherent. .33 in bridge mode has provided me with the BEST network experience so far by far on the Rogers network servicing my  area.

David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call

georgic
I plan to stick around

Yes, it happened, my rebooted last time 4:30 this morning  

gp-se
I'm an advisor
For everyone with the reboot issue, are you running in gateway mode or bridge mode? I’m on bridge mode and haven’t experienced any reboots with .33

pacerdjl
I plan to stick around

Lots of spontaneous daily reboots with CODA-4582 trial firmware .33 — running modem in gateway mode. As I mentioned earlier, wifi gets really messed up sometimes as well, locking up and requiring modem power cycling. It is evident that .33 is not ready for a wider audience.

RyzenFX

Running .33 in gateway mode as well. It seems as if the issue is limited to users in gateway mode.

Windwalker
I plan to stick around

Running .33 in gateway mode as well.

I don't think I made to 24 hours of up time before it rebooted. 

Also seeing more jitter on speedtests than I had prior to the update.

Nadernt
I plan to stick around

PLEASE how can I revert back to older firmware? Is there someone I can message to go back? This restarting modem thing has ruined stuff I was doing online several times over the past few days. It's just ridiculous. I know I'm part of a trial but this bug in the firmware isn't helpful at all. 

If I could get reverted back or if anyone knows a way to prevent this from happening, or if I can honestly just end my participation in the trial since this modem has had so many problems (down speed slowing down to 1mbps when I should be getting 100+, wifi randomly turning off having to be sometimes manually reset, this restarting thing now) any help would be appreciated.

@Nadernt, run a factory reset.  The modem will revert back to the current network wide production firmware version, which I believe is V2.0.10.28 (?).  

The factory reset is located in ADMIN .... DEVICE RESET .... Factory Reset.

Or, you can simply hold down the recessed reset button at the back of the modem for 30 seconds and release it.  

Either method will initiate the factory reset, revert the modem back to the network version and reboot the modem. 

Nadernt
I plan to stick around

@Datalink Won't the modem then just update firmware again?

gp-se
I'm an advisor

@Nadernt wrote:

@Datalink Won't the modem then just update firmware again?

@Nadernt

Send a PM to @CommunityHelps asking to be removed from the Beta Trial Program. Then do a factory reset like @Datalink mentioned. 

When you factory reset, the modem downloads the latest production firmware, the beta firmware has to be pushed by someone at Rogers, so you don't need to worry about having .33 pushed onto the modem. 

tester2013
I plan to stick around

@RogersDave is the issue being looked into? This rebooting is becoming quite annoying...

Thanks

Triple_Helix
I plan to stick around

@tester2013 wrote:

@RogersDave is the issue being looked into? This rebooting is becoming quite annoying...

Thanks

I have this issue and even before .33 came out!

Mythen
I plan to stick around
As good as the performance of the 33 is in regards to ping and latency. The rebooting issue negates this. Mine has rebooted twice so far today

zardoz99
I plan to stick around

Gateway mode here. Another random reboot in the middle of today. 

RyzenFX

Same here, another random reboot today.

Triple_Helix
I plan to stick around

Same here, once so far today.

10	10/23/2017 00:59:14	84000700	warning	RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=;CMTS-MAC=;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
11	10/23/2017 10:15:34	90000000	warning	MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=;CMTS-MAC=;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
12	10/23/2017 10:15:42	84000700	warning	RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=;CMTS-MAC=;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
13	10/23/2017 13:08:30	84020200	warning	Lost MDD Timeout;CM-MAC=;CMTS-MAC=;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
14	10/23/2017 15:47:42	90000000	warning	MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=;CMTS-MAC=;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
15	10/23/2017 15:47:48	84000700	warning	RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC;CMTS-MAC=;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
16	10/23/2017 18:10:40	84020200	warning	Lost MDD Timeout;CM-MAC=;CMTS-MAC=;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
17	10/23/2017 23:57:12	90000000	warning	MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=;CMTS-MAC=;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
18	10/23/2017 23:57:17	84000700	warning	RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=;CMTS-MAC=;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
19	10/24/2017 09:44:54	90000000	warning	MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=;CMTS-MAC=;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
20	10/24/2017 09:45:28	84000700	warning	RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=;CMTS-MAC=;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;